1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few Deros and Deos Questions?

Discussion in '"TooledUp" - Tools/Materials of the Trade.' started by 3 spires, Jun 28, 2020.

1. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Thinking of buying possibly both of these, I would definitely like the Deros after trying one out but for the guys who have them do you use the 125mm head and what for?

I have been looking at them both in the Solution Kit but wondering if its worth getting a Deos as well any thoughts on both would be welcome?

:doff:

2. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

With the deros I use the the 150 head for walls ceilings, will get the Leros for this sooner or later. The 125 for broad woodwork. I bought some Abranet hd for it & it’s been great for stripping work/ table tops.
    Although it’s a similar sander to the rts400, It has more grunt than the rts & a lower profile. I very rarely use it without a 5ml interface pad though as it jumps around a lot without it! That I would say is it’s main negative. I’m glad I got it though, not a bad thing to have 2 of essential kit.

mistcoat, Tomcio, Karl and 1 other person like this.
  3. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I thought you must have already had the deros @3 spires .
    Pros for the deros
    - speed paddle so you reduce speed near edges etc.
    -good sanding pattern
    -good dust extraction
    Cons
    -speed paddle you have to keep your hand constantly on it. Large areas and narrow spaces I find a pain. And you have to switch machine off before putting down otherwise it inevitably starts up.
    -the speed control buttons aren't great. You don't know what speed you are at until you start the sander.
    -the slightly ribbed hose port is poor, at least with my hose.
    Otherwise a great sander :biggrin:

The 125mm pad is good for woodwork as @YTS 83' says and I prefer it for woodwork rather than walls.

mistcoat, Tomcio and 3 spires like this.
  4. 3 spires

Thanks Guys

I only have Festool kit but I have to say I like the feel of the Deros compaired to my ETS I am going to be doing alot of furniture re-finishing work at home as we are opening up a shop selling home furnishings and plan on buying and upcycling furniture.

The Solution Kit is good value for money but it looks like there is no 125mm pad or spanner so extra wonga! I am tempted to buy the RTS battery system so trying to decide on the Solution Kit of a Deros and RTS.

5. zachary

zachary In the middle of the day Alfred?

I love both and would replace in a click if anything ever happened to them.

I literally never use the 125mm as I find the deos and 150mm on the deros cover everything. :thumbup:

mistcoat likes this.
  6. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Hiya @zachary .... excuse me nosing... where have you been ?

7. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

since I bought Deros last year, I didn't even checked how the 125 dia pad fits on the sander... before the purchase I was certain that I will use it on day to day.

8. zachary

:rolleyes: good evening good sir - I’ve been following a long but must admit I’m not usually logged in! Please do forgive me. I hope you and everyone are doing well

9. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Never mind all this :smile: bollxxxs ....not logged in FFS !!! Get hold of yourself man !

10. Eress

Eress I once hit some good shots Bar Member

That’s it, last comment from Zach for another year. He’s off back to the shadows to lurk

11. zachary

W’oh

12. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Pots and kettles Ed, you still in the area or have you moved again ?

13. CraigBrooksDecorating

CraigBrooksDecorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I have both and love them. I bought deos so I wouldn’t need to use the rts again, which to me is badly designed and awkward to use and hold.

Had the same Deros for 6.5 years now, been treated rough (even dropped a couple times), I have sanded every surface in my old house, including the floors with it and it’s out on every job. That’s a lot of use (obviously replaced head a few times). I rarely use the 125mm head, as it is a faff to change over.

3 spires likes this.
  14. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I have the deros and only use the 150 head, although I have both heads.
    I prefer the deros delta for trim, I also have the deros but it hardly gets used.
    If they went went wrong i would only replace the deros and the delta sander.I also use the delta on Exteriors, can't remember the last time the ro90 was used.

3 spires likes this.
  15. bagshot

Sorry I meant deos, I have all 3.

16. 3 spires

I have been looking at the delta deos how do you find it for tip wear and are you using it with Arbanet as that shape is quite expensive?

Cheers @bagshot

17. bagshot

It does wear but I am conscious and try to sand evenly on the back of the pad too.
    It has some grunt for Exterior .
    I always charge for sundries per job, like an extra tenner for filler caulk abranet etc

Painter16, 3 spires and mistcoat like this.
  18. 3 spires

Yes I generally charge a pound per sheet.

I think is fair for the equipment as well but whe way I am going I think I should be putting it up!

19. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

There you are

zachary likes this.
  20. bobajob

bobajob PPS Tradesman Bar Member

well done you lot talking about sanders mines just gone tits up its a ceros had it for maney years so im looking round tonight to place my order :cry:

3 spires and ahenrypd like this.