1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New member is here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by mistcoat, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

We seem to have a new member... BigBuildersBum dot com

Don't know if they are here to join in or getting ready to contact you all offering all the work under the sun for a fee of £10 per month?

They are whipping thru reading threads like nobody's business!

It's your forum, what do you want us to do?

2. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

KILL THEM:laughsarcastic:

What a ridiculous name - sums up the mentality of how the industry is perceived.

3. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

4. TradeDecoratingSupplies

asked him out right on twitter not in private if it was going to be like the other tosh sites out there, he seems like a genuine nice bloke (Warren) I told him too come on NOT POST AND NOT ADVERTISE but to look at how we all feel about the schitt sites like my builder etc, sorry if it offends anyone but I do think he's trying to go around it the right way, and seems quite competent & is open to suggestions, so I for one dont think he should start a thread here AT ALL about how his service should progress, but for you guys that use have used but stopped because of the complete bull - like we have seen from a thread on here but are quite open to the idea, I thought you could have some input into how the site should work, what your expectations are, how you expect leads to be vetted before they are even posted etc etc, but not done through here at all, by personal dialogue, and I have nothing to do with that company I PROMISE. Just see potential in it being done in the correct manner, and quite possibly opening it to high end pro's like yourself instead of toshers who will tender for a guy who wants 3 quotes so he can mix n match.

5. TradeDecoratingSupplies

name is schitt though and will attract the wrong type of client

6. TradeDecoratingSupplies

bit like the taping and jointing forum - more crack than a builders ass - great tag line

Its Warrens choice as to what direction he wants to go in, I would say, lowballers aint the way forward, and from reading the posts in this forum he will appreciate the quality of your workmanship & maybe change the way he wants to progress

anyways, i got my own schitt to deal with.,

again sorry if i offended, dont hate builders bum dude its my fault he's here and yes i expect my bertie point

7. mistcoat

Mmmm! :scratchhead:
    Just having a browse thru the P&D section on his site and it is just a few pro's mixed in with a bunch of chancer's. Not a place for me to spend my tenner, that's for sure :no:

See attachment for just one example...

Attached Files:

8. TradeDecoratingSupplies

ok my bad, i didnt look at the site i just asked him outright if it was tosh like the others then got chatting

sorry

9. TradeDecoratingSupplies

im gonna be gobby on twitter now

10. TradeDecoratingSupplies

@BigBuildersBum I retract all my help because ive just seen some of the utter tosh on your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really?

11. mistcoat

Nooo, don't do that Sarah.

12. TradeDecoratingSupplies

too late!!! i did tell him we dont want another my builder!

13. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

I just wonder just how many 'professional' trade's, the ones that don't need to advertise for work, will use it? :scratchhead:

Answer? NONE! :omg:

Why? see above. :scratchhead:

If I was to pay a subscription, £120 a year, :omg: I would want far more than is on offer through a site like that, what fall back is there, what warranty is there, how good are the leads, ect. :sad:

Personally, this site will only for it's owner! :whistle:

14. mistcoat

I hate to be horrible, but look at this one in the attachment.

Shocking!!!

[attachment=653]

Attached Files:

15. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

:cavelrycharge::cavelrycharge::cavelrycharge:

Say's it all!

16. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

After reading that,let me tell you where i'm at

I'M OUT

17. SpectrumDecor

SpectrumDecor PPS Time Served

Oi u fooker! Don't take the piss out of my advert! Pah ha ha!

18. mistcoat

I tell you what pee's me off, Si.... It's you who stole the wording off me in the first place :hysterical:

19. TradeDecoratingSupplies

he seemed really nice?

20. SpectrumDecor

SpectrumDecor PPS Time Served

Haha... can anyone actually think that someone of a professional manner would sign uP to something called Builders Bum, let alone pay money for it! One word. Fookingmugs!

As for my advert - he'll it don't even look like me!