1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulux Supermatt

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by puffa, Nov 8, 2019 at 4:19 AM.

1. puffa

puffa PPS Tradesman

Can anyone give me a 'heads-up' on this product?
    I thought it was used for new plaster work, but a customer has purchased it for all the rooms in their previously painted apartment. Dulux say it's suitable on the data sheet, but can anyone here advise? Thanks

2. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Not very durable mate, breathable walls but will mark easily..does not contain viynl if I remember rightly, just a bloody expensive contract paint..

Daf, ahenrypd and Peter Humphreys like this.
  3. bitzz

bitzz PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

As above. :goodpost:

Peter Humphreys likes this.
  4. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Try to pursuade them to take it back. I think it is popular on new builds. The houses I have seen it looks patchy and you can see where the roller has been.

5. Kev

Kev PPS Tradesman Bar Member

It’s basically a contract matt emulsion decent opacity but as already been said not very durable and expensive.

6. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

It’s got lots of the cheaper ingredient, chalk. No ‘vinyl’.

7. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lose it mate, as peeps say it’s a contract Matt.
    schitt and expensive....

8. kirk

kirk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

As previously mentioned it’s a contract Matt,
    But we use it a lot on new builds. It’s a common specification. Has a good opacity and lays really flat but will literally Mark by staring at it:hysterical:

also it is breathable so depending on the type of walls your painting even being previously painted they want it to be breathable for the substrate?

also a handy tip, you can let your rollers/brushes go here if you get lazy dip them back in supermatt and it softens up again :whistle:

ahenrypd likes this.
  9. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Bog standard Contract Matt ? I dunno guys.

I've never used it before but I'm on a big job where the previous deccy got the boot and he had sprayed this as a mist coat.
    Having not used it myself I was dubious about it BUT it's nailed on.
    Doesn't scrape off under a nail test at all.
    Regular contracts are chalky and nasty, but this seems to have something more in it.

Very similar to Tik's primer.

Went over the top with Aura the last few days and it didn't suck the life out of the first coat...…..
    I actually quite like it.

Getting back on topic, I defo wouldn't use it as a finish coat though.

kirk and ahenrypd like this.
  10. kirk

kirk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@RonyT
    Your right to be honest when you sand it compared to normal contract matts from other competitors it’s a hell of a lot harder. Johno etc just fluff up and almost sand like filler dust not ole supermatt