1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

farrow & ball wallpaper

Discussion in 'Wallcoverings - and related topics.' started by ricky65, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ricky65

ricky65 PPS Apprentice

hi lads, has anyone ever hung any f@b wallpaper, have 3 rooms to price all with feature walls one with full fire breast wall. The walls are in good shape, never hung any f@b before so if anyone has any experience or tips would be grateful.
    Paper was £78 and £85 a roll so woundnt want to mess that up :omg:

2. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Its good gear mate, handle with care an take ya time. some of there papers are reverse rolled so watch for that!

i have allways used there recomended paste but next time i think ill use beeline green top.

makesure you line aswell mate

3. Dellboy

Dellboy PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Not bad to hang, done a few without many problems, but one thing I will say is check the batch numbers, they have a habit of sending out mixed lots, well my last 2 lots where. :headwall:

4. ricky65

ricky65 PPS Apprentice

cheers mate, think ill give myself a bit of time on this one,
    although the HO has ask me to supply the paste, i usually use Bartoline ready mixed
    think HO has had the paper for a while.

5. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

there papers arnt ink mate they are paint, so you have to chose wisely regarding adhesive.

forgot to mention, makesure there is enough paper as its very likely if you order another, it will not be the exact same colour

6. ricky65

ricky65 PPS Apprentice

yeah mate cheers, should be enough paper 5 rolls for fire breast wall and three each for feature walls.

7. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice paper to handle,cuts nice. Just handle carefully. Dont roll it and crease it like a cheap viynl paper knowing how helpful f ad b are if any issues are encountered i would use their paste both lining and finish..Last time i measured i was told by f and b 3 roll min order as its hand printed. E.g one roll short u have 2 order 3....:rolleyes:

8. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

A very nice paper to hang. It used to be 3 rolls min order but they,ve done away with that, you can order singles now. Wouldn't like to say if you could get same batch though?

9. rowland cutting

rowland cutting PPS Master Craftsman

be very carefull when wiping over after it has been hung
    i have had one where the paint comes off a little, and smears the paper

10. yam yam

yam yam PPS Tradesman

Good paper. Usual f&b standards so one batch is great next is schitt. We have had some cock on and then others where the pattern match is way out - but its a hand print so you will get those quirks.

use lap paste - no problems.

look out for numbered rolls and follow sequence.

use a good sweep or felt roller leave your spatula at home.

Hand painted with f&b colours so you can get a tin of background colour if you need to repair or colour your seems - shouldn't do. We find just having a mix of gouache paints on the van better and just mix as required.

Don't take your time to much just treat it nicely and work clean and it will fly up!

11. Bobbones

All good tips from the lads Ricky, u will be well armed.:thumbsup:

Thank god they did away with the 3 roll order thing, made measuring a room for a tight client a bum clencher.. 2 yrs ago i last stuck it..:coolbubble:

12. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I've just hung two feature walls, absolute horse schitt.
    Stretches like fek, crap, crap crap.
    Book it for 10 mins as instructions it's like bog paper.
    Bout time they went bust, customer likes what I've done but I think it's rubbish.

barry, Bobbones, Wayners and 2 others like this.
  13. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That displeased with it, you have raised the dead thread @bagshot :zomby:

I have never hung a Farrow & Ball paper as it goes. Not that I can recall anyway.

bagshot likes this.
  14. Bobbones

I did about two years ago after last comments.. I echo bagshot.. appalling load of tosh. Matching impossible... handling crap.
    Really fobbing off their customers with their rustic paper...and contract emulsions..

bagshot, RonyT and barry like this.
  15. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I did one feature wall last year with F&B. Paper was ok but the pattern just did not match up and it was the simplest of patterns. Customer spent £270 on one wall and I thought it looked plop. @mistcoat was dropping the booty for the P&D show to me last year and got the text saying sorry I’m late, just spent 3hrs doing a finish job that should of taken 1.

Maybe that’s why the paper on some prints are so stretchy so we can push and pull their BS until it eventually lines up ?

mistcoat and bagshot like this.
  16. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just bought 3 rolls of ocelot for my lounge :facepalm: