1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you wasn't a painter-dec

Discussion in 'Take a Break - off topic stuff.' started by Painter16, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:02 PM.

1. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

what would you like to have done as a profession if you wasn't a painter-dec
    Can keep it as light hearted as ya like

2. Kevin court

Kevin court East London's best kept decorating secret. Bar Member

I'd be a doo wop girl in a rock & roll band.

3. Painter16

:hysterical::hysterical:Can I ask why that

4. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

He used to earn well when he last did this... @Kevin court

5. keef

keef keef Bar Member

I wanted to be a electrician
    so i applied to west bromwich councill for a apprenticeship
    had to go for a test
    as i walked up my council estate on the way to my test i noticed some painters painting the outside of a block of flats getting a suntan on some cradles
    i thought thats not a bad job to have
    when i got to the test it asked your first choice of trade and put electrician
    they then asked your second chioce
    so i put decorator
    i always wanted a job that i could be self employed so i could spend more time fishing
    when they gave me the results of the test i came 3rd out of 400 applicants and the top 4 all wanted to be sparkys
    and they only had 3 vacancies for sparkys so the apprentice training officer said because you have done so well
    we can offer you your second chioce i tthought i could still be self employed being a painter so i took the job

6. Kevin court

Kevin court East London's best kept decorating secret. Bar Member

Free beer and sandwiches.:jiggin:

7. Painter16

Great answer mate , so ya was a bright spark as well

8. Painter16

Are you keeping a secret from us Barry did you know Kev before doing the same thing

barry likes this.
  9. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

I would be sound engineer... From all of the senses sound is most important to me.

Painter16 likes this.
  10. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

I bet you would look cute in bobby sox and a Bob haircut mr Court.

Kevin court likes this.
  11. Painter16

I would have liked to have been in this trade when I was younger instead of working In dirty factory's but that's life,but my ideal job would have been a
    pubic hair stylist ,lady's only ,can imagine the conversation now ,well madam what we having today perm and bit of colour ,:shocked:

LMDec and Tomcio like this.
  12. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I am qualified chef which I done for about seven years before left & done my apprenticeship. My ideal job would be a music producer or own a record shop.

Painter16 likes this.
  13. Wayners

Wayners Happy to be alive. Bar Member

Work on a cruise ship. Travel and eat. Probably not as much fun as I think it is.

Painter16 likes this.
  14. barry

Why the total change @Lee Anthony ?

15. Lee Anthony

My brother died suddenly which changed my outlook on life. So I decided I needed a change also I was fed up of working every weekend & only having one day off a week with low pay. I do miss the buzz of a busy kitchen & still really enjoy my cooking.

bagshot and Painter16 like this.
  16. barry

Sorry to read about the loss of your brother.

17. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

Me too Lee. It sometimes takes a shock like that to reevaluate your life and your goals.
    Don’t work onboard, be a ships engineer or better still, be a passenger, at least they let you off the ship when it hits port!
    It is as much fun as you think it is.

I think I would be a delivery driver, your own boss, freedom, drive as fast as I like with no seatbelt on, Give the finger to everyone who I block in when they moan, Practice my throwing arm. Perfect job for a psychopath.:huh:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    Waynetta, barry, Painter16 and 2 others like this.
  18. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I’d have liked to been a pro snooker player.

Painter16 likes this.
  19. Lee Anthony

I do this anyway.
    I did think about doing this myself until i spoke to a few van drivers. The amount of deliveries they do is crazy what with all stress of driving changed my mind.

Painter16 likes this.
  20. bitzz

bitzz PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

From an early working age, I would have liked to have won the pools and bought some lakes and rented them out to make an income. A nice chilled job/hobby rather than the rat race I’m in now.