1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lest we Forget

Discussion in 'Take a Break - off topic stuff.' started by Dellboy, Nov 10, 2019 at 7:48 AM.

1. Dellboy

Dellboy PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

99866437-EDA4-4B56-B688-DF25045DE07F.jpeg

Lest We Forget

barry, Jam Buster, bitzz and 10 others like this.
  2. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Was in morrisons this morning and everybody including the kids were silent for 2 mins ,so respect for that

Daf and Peter Humphreys like this.
  3. Rock ape

Rock ape PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Nice to see . I think its getting more recognised these days than ever? Or maybe me getting old! Any other ex military on here?

4. bitzz

bitzz PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Was fishing a league match today and I made sure that everyone stopped at 11 for 2 minutes, total respect.

RonyT and barry like this.
  5. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

The fish showed such respect they disappeared on the stroke of eleven...and didn’t come back.
    Hence my second to last place!:rolleyes:

Redhousepainter likes this.
  6. trev540

trev540 PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I hope its is never allowed to be forgotten or the debt we owe to these people that gives us the freedoms that we have today. Some politicians of various types would no doubt wish it would all be best left in the past.
    I often think how would I have reacted if I were there at that time. I asked my dad who was called up in 1942 about it and he said you did because it was what was expected of you and you just went along with the rest.
    When I started my apprenticeship a lot of the older blokes served in the war and us younger ones used to go here they go again on about the old war stories but it was 20 years or so since the end of the war so to them still fresh.
    I cant imagine the total change in the way of life for them so to my mind they deserve every thing that comes with 11/11.

RonyT likes this.
  7. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

I saw the Peter Jackson film on ww1 on the bbc last night. Blimey Charlie, that really does bring it home. It’s probably on the iplayer for those who may have missed it. Don’t have young children in the room, the dismembered bodied in some parts are graphic.

mistcoat likes this.
  8. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I attended yesterday’s Remembrance in my town. It was quite touching this time as we had a fly past with a Dakota and two Spitfires.
    Found out later the Dakota had dropped 750,000 Poppies over The White Cliffs of Dover before coming to us.
    It looked like they were taking the old “bomb alley” flight path.

I stopped today too.
    I moaned at Wondertex on Twitter for sending out a tweet during the silence :headwall:

barry likes this.