1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mylands of London

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by Baggie, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Baggie

Baggie PPS Apprentice

Used mylands products for the 1st time today primer/undercoat and eggshell supplied by the customer. Was impressed by the p/uc will try the egg tomorrow. Its on exterior windows, their website is vague on how many top coats I'm presuming 2?

Sprayandrun and Rdubya like this.
  2. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really like Mylands trim paints, lovely finish to them.

I've always applied 2 top coats when using, not because it always needs it for opacity. But more for a solid finish.

3. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yep. Two tops, but what a brilliant eggshell.:thumbsup:

Tomcio likes this.
  4. White Pele

White Pele PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Is the acrylic or oil? Used their eggshell WB interior eggshell along time ago, can’t for the life of me remember how it went on though.

5. ash101

ash101 PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Mylands is all water based, really good paints I've used quite a bit of it. Usually overlooked by painters and customers.

Bobbones, White Pele and mistcoat like this.
  6. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Reading tds helps :doff:

Screenshot_20200701_092318.jpg

7. Teho

Teho PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I do a lot of work for mylands ,dont have a bad word to say about them ,where they really excel is in the stains and oils for wood ,the hold a vast colour library that is hundreds of years old.

8. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I was using them quite a bit a few years back and they mixed some colours up for me to match some fabric samples I sent them. I was then given a unique reference number that if I ever wanted some more in the future, they would dig out the formula and make it once again.

I always liked to think that the formula was hand written on an index card and filed in some huge underground vault, where only old boys in brown overalls roam.... Probably not, probably stored on an Apple iMac somewhere, but hey don't shatter my dreams.

Puma, ahenrypd, greenbank and 3 others like this.
  9. Baggie

Baggie PPS Apprentice

The eggshell is a decent drop will be interesting to see how well it lasts

10. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Mylands Eggshell and Dead Matt were a lovely drop when I used to use them last time about 4 years a go.
    Smelly but dream to apply.
    I have my workshop south facing roller door painted two years a go with Dead Matt in some mid gray (can't remember the name) I just washed the PVC coating on the door that was the end prep and it looks like painted yesterday.

The only thing that I noticed is when the door gets rain wet the paint is easy to scratch off back to the PVC surface, when dry is stuck there very well no scratching.
    The wood/ metal eggshel in very dark colours was more shiny finish than in medium and light ones.