1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sales forum

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by mrjoseleite, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mrjoseleite

mrjoseleite PPS Tradesman

Any chance of a sale, buy, wanted, swap forum?

A classified forum for private sales between members, non commercial.

Some strict rules about advertising would need to be imposed of course.

2. andyrolls

andyrolls PPS Craftsman

Good idea:good2:

3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

As it goes, me and Ag's did talk about this on Monday last while walking about.

*ringing the meeting bell*

Bear with us :thumbsup:

4. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Glad you asked :thumbsup:

There is already talk of this but just trying to sort out what would and wouldn't work. We're think that anything on it should be trade related.

What's more we are thinking maybe it should be in 'The Clubhouse' section of the forum so it's kept between the members rather than every tom dick or harry spamming us their wares. Or random browsers sending you unsolicited emails to see if it's still available.

Always open to suggestions to see what members want, so want do you think behind closed doors? or out in the open?

I think it could be a good thing for members to see if they can help each other out. Not sure about posting eBay listings either maybe just keep it private sales and wanted. What do you lot think??

5. mrjoseleite

Thanks guys.

6. Andrews Decorating

Andrews Decorating PPS Craftsman Bar Member

The non-commercial-sales-adverts-aspect of the forum is very special- JMO

7. Colour Republic

We are thinking private sales rather than suppliers advertising their latest offer in a 'Sale' section. So you've got an old sprayer that still has life but not needed anymore... Might even be upgrading you're van and have you old one for sale... and of course much smaller lower value items... that sort of thing.

8. Andrews Decorating

Andrews Decorating PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Naa - money is dirty. This place is pure advice/opinion ATM.

9. Colour Republic

ok thanks, all views taken:thumbsup:

10. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

keep it private sales I think i coudnt be doing with it

11. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

I think its a good idea. I have seen it on another forum and it did give an oppurtunity for members to offload the junk from their sheds to fill other peoples sheds who have spare capacity

but seriously, it is a good idea but would need regulating

just edited to add

I can do Tim a good deal on some eco brushes and I think robs got 5000 paint guards to sell

12. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Absolutely, all views taken........just to say, there will be no commercial selling, just between members only.

Money does dirty things, However, selling/buying will take place on a separate board within the clubhouse - it is a place you don't have to go to you only take or add what you want from PPS Transactions will be between the buyer & vendor & not PPS.

13. TradeDecoratingSupplies

Does that mean I can flog all my old Purdy roller cages I've never used lol i keep getting told to ave a clear out

14. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

Yes i think keep it private, just between members, with a strict watch at all time ie disputes etc, then of course there has to be a strict resolve policy. maybe admin to police etc.
    Its a good and bad thing but something worth giving a trial period ! say 3mths if it causes to many arguments or creates negative vibes on the forum bin it.
    If on the other hand forum members are getting on well with it and not using it for greed or illicit gain then we keep it. Has for Sarah i think she should be aloud to sell us brushes etc or set up some kind of shop for members only save us going through the phone calls etc, but thats down to admin im just voicing my opinion, i mean if TDS sponsors PPs why not allow them to sell and advertise it might set a president for forums and bring them into the commercial and community for very good purposes, like info and providing select and master graftsmen for big jobs etc.
    HMMM does that sound right, or do you get what im saying. hope so
    there you go anyway. :thumbsup:

15. mrjoseleite

The problem when you allow companies to sell or sponser sites like this forum is that it will bring the impartiality into dispute.

You would not want to bite the hand that feeds you.

16. chris spence

And is there no way of deflecting that happening ? or have you seen it happen to forums ? if so is there not a way of learning off there mistakes ?

17. TradeDecoratingSupplies

i just wanna get rid of me purdy frames - the ones ones with the yellow end caps lol

18. chris spence

i need a 28/30 mm sash,round, if anyone has one to off load, they had them at P&D show but wanted £18 plus vat !! no copper ferral if pos.

19. mrjoseleite

Have I seen it happens to forums? No I have not, but you do see it out and about.
    Individuals learns from there mistakes. Societies and groups tend to take longer.

20. chris spence

i see your point, has a growing group societie would first want to test, then copy then criminalise,then think about the mistakes made, before voting in some carrot of a politic to create boundless useless laws hmmm.