1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wayners

Wayners Happy to be alive. Bar Member

Used this chantilly lace scuff-x satin and its the best wb I have used. 7 door single side and the reset of a staircases like spindles, frames rails ect all got 2 coats. Applied real easy plus painted my bathroom boxing which has been ongoing for a few weeks what with new pan conector and mdf filled with dry flex. Just finished and I still have a good ⅓ of a tin left.. Amazing value I think. As you can see I've just started to paint the tin.. [​IMG]

2. Cavendish

Cavendish PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Wayners what primer did you go with?

3. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Scuff X is all I use on woodwork now, nice open time, tough finish and really fast drying times.

4. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just start using super white in eggshell on all wood work in the house I'm working at the mo good rub down and straight on two coats jobs a good un,looks great it does go along way

mistcoat likes this.
  5. Wayners

@Cavendish high hide on some as needed it. New ish doors with old yellow gloss on nothing but a rub and a wash. Was solid.

Cavendish likes this.
  6. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I will be using some soon but on walls and not for the hpk I priced. Good to hear it's another BM paint that goes a long way :thumbup:
    Unless it is gloss, I think I'll be doing the switch for any further woodwork jobs.

Out of interest and something that hit me right in the face there, @Wayners
    JMO and I don't know if you think I am picky but, the placement of the sticky label showing colour and date of mixing is very poorly placed. Looks like it is "that'll do" there.
    If you have a few jobs out of that tin and that is the side that was always poured from, you will eventually lose that label and it's details. As can be seen now, there is already paint on the code.

Better to place it as Shaw Paints @BenjaminMooreUK always do, around to the side and out of the way of any pour...

BM_colour label placement_pps.jpg

Bobbones and Redhousepainter like this.
  7. Wayners

Never thought about label positioning.. @mistcoat

8. mistcoat

Can you see why I say it though?

9. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

I used Gallon of matte for 12 six panel knotty yellow pine varnished doors; touch sprayed Isofix on knots and exposed areas the one Stix and little more touch of Sealcoat as got some bleeding than one SurfX sprayed all doors ready client is up to the moon with the effect.

10. CraigBrooksDecorating

CraigBrooksDecorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I always pour to the front of the tin, so as not to cover the info on the back. Drives me mad working with decs who just pour willy nilly. I think I may have ocd :blush:

11. mistcoat

SurfX said @Tonsio :biggrin:

crj, Bobbones and Tomcio like this.
  12. mistcoat

I pour from the destruction side as I don't need to see the destructions and how to use the paint.
    What I mean is, the writing is too small for me to read that side anyway, so that's the side I'll pour from :biggrin:

Waynetta, ahenrypd and Bobbones like this.
  13. CraigBrooksDecorating

I see it not that I'll read, but customer. It can help when discussing limitations etc of paint if you can show them it on the tin

mistcoat likes this.
  14. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

One has to enquire ..... are you under the influence @mistcoat Mr Misty ?

15. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@mistcoat ... Good eve young T.... I’m lost..How do we know who/where positioned said label ? (Not jesting this time )

16. CraigBrooksDecorating

Probably the bit on the label that says 'Baily paints'...

Peter Humphreys and barry like this.
  17. mistcoat

See what Craig B says, Mr. L :winky:

barry likes this.
  18. bitzz

bitzz PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

What you are really saying is your getting like the rest of us oldies "blind as a bat". :hysterical:

mistcoat likes this.
  19. greenbank

greenbank PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

And there was me thinking the only "sides" a paint can had were the inside and the outside...:whistle:

ahenrypd and Tomcio like this.
  20. Cavendish

Cavendish PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Always prime, usually High Hide can't change my ways on that, so its always a 3 coat job.

After using Scuff-x, Aura and Advanced, the Scuff-x came bottom of the pile, Advanced my runaway favourite and between the Aura and Scuff-x, thought the Aura looked more solid, all these thoughts after using on the brush.

But when I see pics and feedback when Scuff-x has been sprayed, always looks great, so I need to spec it on a job and give it a whirl, BM Paint still my greatest find from PPS forum though :thumbup:

White Pele, bitzz, crj and 4 others like this.