1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprayable filler

Discussion in 'Spray Painting' started by Teho, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:04 PM.

1. Teho

Teho PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Hi everyone I hope you are all well.
    So I am looking for a filler that can be sprayed through the airless for wood beams to fill some of the grain .

2. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Tikkurila do a spray filler, also Caparol do the high build filler and also polycell do a can spray filler for fine detail and also Toupret do lots of different kinds.

3. Teho

Have you used any of them?

4. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

No I haven’t, not even the spray can.

I know if you’re using loads, their is very large “bins” full of spray filler.

5. Teho

Cheers yes I know that. Wanting to here from anyone who has used one bless teho

6. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Use the large 25kg buckets of sprayable filler regularly. Not too sure if it would be suitable for wood though as none of the data sheets mention it.
    Don't know if it is my imagination but I am sure I heard someone thinning gras a laquer down to spray.

Teho likes this.
  7. shaned

shaned PPS Time Served

Which sprayable filler do you use? Is that with an airless?

8. ahenrypd

9. PhillyThePainter

PhillyThePainter PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I think Teknos Aquafiller would be perfect for what you want @Teho

I’m not all that experienced with it, Inhave got a small tin and tried it once and not really tested its capabilities but I believe that it’s capable of being sprayed on quite heavy, holding itself up then it’s easy to sand down. It is more of a paint though so it depends on the depth of the grain but grain filling is what it’s for.

Buckers and Peter Humphreys like this.
  10. shaned

shaned PPS Time Served

What machine you spraying that through? I would of thought you’d need a graco mark v for spraying that

11. ahenrypd

Have an ancient Graco 750plus that can do the Toupret and a Mark V.

12. shaned

shaned PPS Time Served

Nice one!

13. Teho

Will these fillers be ok with a ultramax 695 ? I will purchace some and give it a test
    Thanks for the info guys bless teho

14. PhillyThePainter

PhillyThePainter PPS Craftsman Bar Member

The Aqua filler will go through any airless with ease... I’ve had it through a gravity fed gun by thinning about 10%