1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rock ape

Rock ape PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Hi did anybody see these at the p and d show? They are a dual filament brush .
    I've been using one for a couple of days now and seems a decent brush although I cant feel any benefit from the 5_10mm stiffer filament. Well I say that , what I really mean is would it still be as good without it . I'll post more when I've used it over the next month or so

Tomcio, Peter Humphreys and RonyT like this.
  2. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yes mate did see them ,said to Rony T ,look a bit strange might be bit of a novelty,looked a bit QVC,might be totally wrong .if I remember quite exspensive

3. Rock ape

I know what you mean QVC. But they're actually a good brush so far well as good as the main bunch . Further down the trial a may snip off the extra filaments to see if I miss them !

Painter16 and RonyT like this.
  4. Wayners

Wayners Happy to be alive. Bar Member

[​IMG]
    Can't find UK supplier though.

5. Rock ape

Yes that's them I have one of each

On amazon 2.5 =$26

6. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Didn’t like the feel of the bristles and was way too stiff for my liking. The ferrule is not magnetic so wouldn’t be if use in a Wooster Pelican, so I put it back.
    As for the stinger bit which is supposed to help you get into corners, I’ve never had a problem using an angled cut brush thus far
    :dunno:

bagshot and Painter16 like this.
  7. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Nathan seems to like them.

Click me.

8. Wayners

Wayners Happy to be alive. Bar Member

State of there arch in that video. Magic brush may be better. I use the word arch but that's not very arch like.
    Like to try one those brushes though.

9. Rock ape

Not seen that guy before . He likes to get plenty of paint on the whole brush and his hands . At the moment I'm using it with light colours like in the video . I will see what it's like cutting on white architrave with a deep colour

RonyT and Painter16 like this.
  10. Painter16

Can you remember how much they were selling them for mate ,was it £ 30 for 2 ,not sure

11. Painter16

We could go on for ever with brushes that many out there now,
    I've had a idea ,thinking of bringing out a range of socks as these seem to be latest thing to apply paint with,thinking dragons den moment here

Kev, Wayners, ahenrypd and 1 other person like this.
  12. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Honestly don’t remember asking mate.

13. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

I think you got Jeeves to ask.

RonyT and Painter16 like this.