1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by admin, Jun 19, 2011.

1. admin

admin PPS Apprentice Staff Member

2. admin

How about some smilies? :biggrin:

:winky: :angel::mad::exclamation::)

3. admin

I think we're done!! I can't like my own posts so can't test that much.... :sad:

Enjoy team!

4. harrysx

harrysx PPS Apprentice

Just passing by to test the thanks system.:smile:

5. ewingpainting

ewingpainting PPS Craftsman

I think it SUCKS, This is not PETE!

EDIT: There will be no slagging off fellow users & no swearing on this forum - that was very much Pete.:coolbubble:

6. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just testing the copy and paste function...

"We would hope that this forum will be treated just as you conduct business in your world. I like to feel like I am a business man. I would not confront someone in the halls of an open office. When I have an issue I go directly to the one I have the issue with. Close the door and express my concerns in a business manner. This is how we expect any issues you might have to be dealt with"

Yeah that worked... What about the quote function...

Yeah that works too, as you were

7. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

:hysterical:
    Nice one Gabe, the old self raises it's ugly head once again. Need to let a few more folks see how immature you are before this crap gets sorted out [​IMG]

8. ewingpainting

Wasn't meant to be nice Tim!
    Apologize for offending any one. It seems Pete is being erased from PPS. I flipped out as Pete was a great friend of mine as I know he was with Aggie and Mist. What ever! I would appreciate you deleting the stickys. I will keep to myself now.

9. Colour Republic

I know where you're coming from Gabe but I thought the opposite. By the time I joined I believe Pete was already quite ill and so never got the chance to chat to him. But it's been made clear to me who he was and his vision for PPS, I also note his children were consulted on the move to new software. I don't think this forum is any different from the last; the only thing that has changed is the software not what the place is about.

Sadly Pete isn't here anymore so it's been left to others to carry on the good work; I for one think any changes that have been made since have always been done in respect of Pete not despite him.

JMO

Not quite sure why you want your sticky to be removed either? I think it's very well written and captured what the forum is about. Do you want it removed because you don't believe in the words anymore or because you don't want to associate yourself with PPS anymore. I have gathered you use to help run the forum at one point but now that's changed I don't want to know or really think it's my place to know why that is the case, move forward not look back. But the fact remains the sticky is quite good for newcomers wouldn't you agree?

10. ewingpainting

CR,
    I choose to leave the admin team due to my forum addictions. And being a admin only feed that many. Not to get into to much detail, I simply had to pull the plug on that. I have had regrets, but feel it was for the best for myself and tend to my family and feel it was the right thing to do, though it should have been handled different. Some may think that's having a small penis :-/

I don't want to be associated with PPS.
    Nothing personal, however if the stickys mean so much and the members and/or the admin think it will benefit the forum then so be it, as it is not my decision. I am not even a active member here, I only checked in to see Petes work blossom and to get the occasional reminder of the brother. But that's now gone.

11. mistcoat

I fail to see how Pete is being erased from the forum, Gabe. He is still here as a member and always will be. His posts are still where they should be. Do you think Pete would want the forum to stand still and not change? I think not.

FYI to set the record straight here, not that I have to justify myself to you.
    I had contacted Pete's daughter asking for her blessing (and the family) before we even agreed to a move.
    Part of her reply to my email... "... I appreciate that you ask if things are ok with us and with you doing things with the website however don't feel you need to, my dad would have wanted you to look after it so feel free to do what you like with it, as I'm sure you have what's best for the site in mind and it probably means as much to you as it did to my dad."
    So you see, all is ok with Pete's family, myself and Aggie.

As I say, I don't have to justify myself to you, but here is another quote for your viewing from the same email "... Also, I think if Harry were to suggest my dad to move to MyBB instead of SMF he would probably have done it too! He told me once that he only used SMF before as he'd used SMF on T**** V**** so he only installed it on PPS as he knew how to set it all up quickly.
    We have no objections to anything you want to do with PPS since it's as much yours as it was ever ours!"

So you see Mr Ewing, I think you know absolutely nothing about Pete or Harry.

This will always be Pete's place no matter what you think.

This bit made me choke Mr Ewing...
    So much so he gave your Admin position back at PPS, didn't he?
    Oh no, that's right, he didn't [​IMG]

Apology's for offending anyone [​IMG]

12. ewingpainting

Tim, I never asked for it back. Pete and I had conversations concerning it. He knew where I was coming from, you don't.

13. ewingpainting

We also had conversations about Harry and his forum. But that's neither here or there. I wish you luck and great success with your forum venture as well as your business.

14. mistcoat

Oh right [​IMG]

15. ewingpainting

Are you insinuating I did? If I remember right you PMed me concerning my leaving.

You act as if you know why I left and was begging to come back, when all I have said to you were my regrets, (how I handled it). Any way drama, who needs it! I got work to get done.

16. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

well so.. ah..... the new board has alot of great features:smile: That is true.

17. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

nice new avatar n8r!!!

18. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

Timmy can you still tweak my account?? my siggy things need tweaking, my Rob started it isnt nearly as clear as it should be!!!!

19. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

Thanks TDS! This is going to feel alot better. This forum setup. I already like the features that have come out over the last few years.. we really need them here:smile:

20. Colour Republic

What he really means Bertie is ... Thank God for the new software now we can keep that Bertie girl in her box and stop her from running riot and causing Ags a logistical admin nightmare!