1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best non drip caulk gun

Discussion in '"TooledUp" - Tools/Materials of the Trade.' started by crj, Oct 13, 2017.

1. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I saw a few old posts the other day re best caulk guns but can't find the posts again. Ive got 3 or 4 different guns and they all do my head in as they drip all the time even with my finger on the release trigger. I use fat hog caulk 380ml. Know some of the more expensive guns are for smaller caulk tubes. Anyone got a non drip gun they've used for a while? cheers

2. Wayners

Wayners Happy to be alive. Bar Member

With fat hog try and turn the nozzle spout half a turn on tube when done. By undoing it's stops it flowing out when resting or bettween finger wipes. The next time you use tighten nozzle and off you go again. I use nemesis mighty caulk and that stuff keeps coming out. Plus a tiny nozzle so the above trick don't work.

3. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I like the Wolf craft one I bought after recommend on here. Put Wolf gun in search bar for more info.
    I use a bit of old 30mm plastic pipe to get the last bit out of 380ml tubes as the gun is only designed for 310ml.
    That's a good idea too Wayners.

4. Jamesh2220

Jamesh2220 PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Yep the Wolfcraft gun is the best I've ever used. Use @Waynetta tip if you want to use bigger tubes. Get them for £11 HERE D0n't thing you can go wrong with the cheap COX gun either.

Here's the original thread discussion Caulk guns HERE

5. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Yep, wolfcraft guns are great. I also have one of the dripless guns (ets2000) which I really like, hoping to get a higher ratio one at the p&d show next month. The wolfcraft won't push anything very thick but I have never found anything better for caulk and silicone etc.

Bobbones, mart the dec and crj like this.
  6. crj

good shout that wayners will try that as guess it releases a bit of the pressure
    that's the thread thanks.tajima was the one I couldnt remember the name of.will check out tue wolcraft too as seems popular on here. not sure why all the 'better' guns aren't made in a larger size to take 380ml?
    wasn't sure how that worked at first ie a 380ml tube fitting in the smaller gun but had a look at one online and if it's the mg 300 gun that guess it would fit as there's no 'casing' on the gun but, like you say, wouldn't get the last 70 ml out. ta mate

Waynetta likes this.
  7. ajmdecorators

ajmdecorators PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Tajima guns are great. Mine really nice to use and never had a single drip from it

8. crj

Cheers aj. which model do you have

9. ajmdecorators

ajmdecorators PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Oh no idea mate, just the one from mpb!

10. crj

ha no worries mate sure I can work it out:thumbup:

11. Wayners

On the gun thread last comment said.. Fat hog tubes don't fit Tajima gun. I got to get one myself I think, so will take a look and place order. Not sure what size tubes I use.. I want one of these storage holders for gun and tubes here

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    mistcoat and mart the dec like this.
  12. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Yes the fat hog tubes are too long but you can cut them down with a pull saw easily enough, I just use standard size tubes Dunlop or Dres bramble (spell checker!):sarcastic:

mistcoat likes this.
  13. Jamesh2220

Jamesh2220 PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Don't really see the point of the Tajima gun, Stuck one of a MPB order for my dad cause got sick of using his cheap ones when working together. Seemed identical to to the bigger COX guns I've had in the past at the time I think the Tajima was more expensive too but it's come down in price I think but could be misremembering.

14. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I only like Cox guns & have never had any problems..I can't see the point in spending lots of money for a caulking gun.

one red wall and Jamesh2220 like this.
  15. Wayners

MPB
    Tajima Convoy Super Heavy Duty Caulking Gun here £23.99..Looks a nice.

16. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Wolf craft one the best been using same gun for 3 years or more got another one as back up never used it ,you watch now I've said that

17. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Dripless for me, does the job well & very light to handle.

18. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I love the Fossa compact rodless I got from DecDirect about 3 years ago, no dripping*, no squeaks, no rust and no sticking. Only takes a 310 tube unless you cut a longer one down but no issue for me as I use Dan Braven caulk anyways.

* That said, I've only every found minor dripping if I use the newer instant paintable caulks like DB's wet on wet or Screwfix's Nemisis. No idea why that

19. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Do you not find it a bit gutless? I have one in the garage hung up which never sees the light of day!

20. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

No not really sir, just seemed to suit me I guess. I originally got it for awquard tight spaces so I wasn’t banging the walls and my face with the rod, but happily stuck with it for everything else

Designanddecor likes this.