1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Poor Workmanship Thread.

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by mistcoat, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

RE: Stunning

That's not how they've left it surely mate,who did it ,Stevie wonder,do you think you will be asked to put it right

2. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Shabby schitt more like Pd67

3. Ngeraghty

Ngeraghty PPS Master Craftsman

First day on job, so not sure who is doing the decoration, I would say by the kit in one room it is a gang of decorators.

The pictures do not do it justice.

Door will be shut on Monday and I will want to be left alone.
    Tomorrow will probably be the best day, no one else there but me.

4. Piper

Piper PPS Craftsman

Looks like they've set the bar"you'll have to try and keep up with them :hysterical:

5. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That's just your quality bit of dragging, isn't it? Builder stylee :sarcastic:

6. stevy

stevy PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Trouble is it seem I am seeing this sort of schitt more and more then say five years ago.:headwall:

7. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

We have done all the undercoating for you to save time and us money, just one top coat needed...

8. Puma

Puma PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

So am I Stevy, but things changed after I stopped using a dustpan brush for painting.

:jester:

9. Piper

Piper PPS Craftsman

I do love to see bad workmanship it makes me feel safe & secure :thumbsup:.

10. mistcoat

Just to clarify, I didn't mean "your" as in you and your work, Neil.

11. Dellboy

Dellboy PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

[​IMG]

mistcoat likes this.
  12. mistcoat

Could you tell :biggrin:

13. mistcoat

Here is a section of many areas in the home I am returning to on Monday coming. This was carried out by the Painting & Decorating Association member I have mentioned here and elsewhere (but not named them). I may be putting up more pics as I am redecorating five areas now which have been done twice this year already. Once by the PDA member who painted the whole place, and various areas by a Dulux Select Decorator who was called in to correct the PDA firm's work and then buggered it up himself :huh:

One of many by the PDA member:

[attachment=5233]

14. Painter16

Blimey just simple stuff as well ,are they still members of PDA and DSD

15. mistcoat

Oh yes, Kev. Still operating. The Dulux Select scheme offer a two year guarantee too.
    The Select guy walked off when he knew I had been in to put some work right... He had returned when I had to pull away for a few days. The client wanted to push on and "let him back to do easier areas" before I came returned. :hysterical:
    I don't want to berate the Dulux guy too much as I really like him and once upon a time looked up to him. He was put under my Dads wing when this guy was a lad. I can only surmise he was having a bad time with life or something as I have never know him to knock crap work out until recently. :dunno:
    It would be sad for me to know if this was his norm nowadays.

Here is a ceiling he (DSD) had gotten the client to re-plaster and then he applied a mist+2 Dulux Supermatt. It should have been m+2ct F&B Wevet :headwall:
    I think he wrote "F&B Wevet" in braille on the ceiling judging by the nobbles :hysterical:

Not saying all that to make me look Billy Big Bahoolocks, but it is just really bog standard mist+2, three if necessary. Also good prep and using the right tools FFS :smash:

Attached Files:

16. Painter16

omg misty,the guy must be having personal probs if he left it like that,which is sad if that's the case,as it's not doing is reputatoin any good ,I thought the ceiling was artex,did they pay him for that

17. mistcoat

Paid up and run outta town :cowboy:

18. Redhousepainter

Redhousepainter Noam knows Bar Member

Is that what they call "Rustic" :omg:

19. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Its suprising of late how much of this crap work im coming across. Have just finished handpainting the kitchen on a one off new build, beautifully designed & high spec through out. The 'painters' have totally wrecked it! The finnish is truly disgusting. The builder totally oblivious to it all? Even bragged to me how he had kept the 'painters' in work for the last few years..Crazy! Don't these people own a pair of eyes?

20. mistcoat

Don't know about Rustic. I reckon he went Ballistic to get in and out as quickly and cheaply as possible :lol:
    Money up front on that particular ceiling (plus one other) too :yes:

@YTS: Similar to this situation. The PDA member been doing work for this client (now my client :sarcastic: ) for 20 odd years. Why balls up this late in the day? [​IMG]

Beggars belief :huh: