1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Poor Workmanship Thread.

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by mistcoat, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

You would have thought that since the spreaders have now got lightweight, quick setting plasters, that they would have a simple job?

Not like the days of Sand, Lime, Horse Hair and Plaster of Paris.

Or do we think that the job was complicated by the use of hand tools! :hysterical:

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

This chap plasters with a caulk board. Lovely bloke, and I have to say, this is the second job he has done that is not good.
    But the rest of the time, he has turned out good work. I hope he returns to his good self or buys a couple of new caulkers :rolleyes:

3. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Or some bigger glasses

4. SSDecs

SSDecs PPS Apprentice

Poor workmanship is something that winds me up so much !!!!!

If you can't do what you say you do , then leave it to somebody who does know !

I have so many people phone me for work , to find out that they don't
    1. Have the right tools
    2. No transport
    3. No experience

To me theses are just chancers that think they know the trade !

And this is just soooo wrong
    :headwall:

5. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

Check out this sticking then.
    First photo looks decent yeah.
    Well so called sticker supreme pulled this beauty out the bag and cost me 900 quid.
    The paper was the last 4 rolls of Laura Ashley,in the country.
    The poor woman broke her heart, i ended up stripping the flats back and leaving the breast.
    But buy this time as you can imagine the client had lost heart and i lost the rest of the house and exterior.
    If that wasn't enough it was one of those jobs i had choice on materials,cost not a problem.
    :spew:
    I will never ever trust anyone to do a job for me again, i could of done a better job myself but at the time i got really busy and thought id give someone a chance.

Attached Files:

• 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      37.3 KB
      Views:
  6. mistcoat

7. Fingers

Fingers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I wish I had taken a photo of a job I went to price a few of years ago, the builder had stuck ALL the coving up throughout the house with Silicone!!..loads of it, hanging out the joints..when I pointed out to the lady owner that it would all have to come out and the coving taken down and re fixed she was nearly in tears..she went and got the builder who was working outside absolutely plastering her brand new windows with Tyrolean!..

He marched in and started laying into me saying he had always used silicone ever since he started..I pointed out he was a liar because it hadnt been out that long..and he was talking sheet...this then turned into a full on slanging match with the customer leaning against the door crying..(baring in mind I had only met her 15 minutes previous!)

I turned around, and looked out of a window that one of 'his boys' had taken a scraper to to remove the rock hard Tyrolean from a week before...it looked like frosted glass!!..so, I told her the windows were ruined too!!..(she was crying anyway so what the hell !)

Then the builder tried a different approach, and offered to kick my 'forkin ed in' instead!!..nice offer as I had never had my 'forkin ed kicked in' before and always wondered what it was like!... but I had to turn it down..politely pointing out that I was half his age, probably twice as fit and starting to get the stark raving hump with him!!

He stormed out, I apologised to the woman for my language told her I would send the quote and left it at that..

I dont know what became of the builder or the work..

As, needless to say, after all that.... I didnt get the job!!..

One surreal day!

imnu and Old Head like this.
  8. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

Thanks misty but its too late mate,damage has been done.
    You will find you cant get it though, they will say yes its at such an such branch but such an such branch put it on the old stock shelf and sold it for 15 quid or staff took it ! It was the spring collection or sumut but its a fairly old print.

9. mistcoat

That was a bit naughty, Chris. Wasn't it :yes:
    What's worse is, you paid him. Ouch!

We gotta get the right blokes in or it can bite us in the bum.
    I had mates work for me who were time served and generally good decorators. But just because you know them, it don't mean they will do right by you. They still want their money and be on their way home by 13:00hrs and with your paint in the back of their van. All because they think you are "having it away!"

W[​IMG]'S

10. feva

feva PPS Craftsman Bar Member

heres a link to my facebook page direct to the album, he couldnt understand why i wouldnt start till it was all ripped off and put on correctly, he even tried to intimidate me by walking right up to me when he first turned up came about 9 inch's away before changing course which doesnt usually happen to me being 6'4 board and 22 stone!

his painter just turns up and sorts it out with a little moan to him about at the end!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.258485404259967.51927.100002955281899&type=3

11. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

You might want to change your Facebook security settings to allow us lot to view the link, if you trust us that is :lol:

12. feva

feva PPS Craftsman Bar Member

13. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

If you have a Google account then Google Docs maybe an option :dunno:

14. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

aggghhhhhhh my eyes!!!!

[​IMG]

15. SSDecs

SSDecs PPS Apprentice

Stunning workmanship :lol: :omg:

16. Colour Republic

ahhh rubbish, nothing the decoratot won't sort out:whistle:

17. mistcoat

Kin' 'ell, Rob. What did the last person fill that with, some butterscotch?!?!
    What's with the drill holes in the mitre. Does that make it dry quicker?

They need kicking from a**ehole to breakfast time :angry:

18. Colour Republic

Not from me misty, it was one on the facebook page Feva linked to :winky:

19. mistcoat

You know when you see faces in the clouds above? I see the Elephant Man in that skirting monstrosity:smile:

20. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

Sweet jesus thats rough! :headwall: