1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus Deal Thread

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by Colour Republic, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I'm sure we all get emailed or told about deals on tools and materials which we either thank our lucky stars for or think 'damn I wish that was a week ago' as it could have saved me a few bob.

So it stands to reason that whilst the many deals we come across might not suit you at the time, it might be perfect for your fellow brother/sister of the brush.

With that in mind I propose we have a sticky thread where members can post the latest offers/specials/clearance... ect ect deals they come across. Either with an online retailer or a national decorator center or ant trade related supplier for that matter.

It would be handy if we could post the deals in some sort of semi-format.

i.e.
    What the deal is,
    Who it's with,
    and how long it lasts
    a link if possible

So any deals go really, also ones you might see in Jonnos/brewers/DDC/Crown monthly news letter. As whilst i'm sure many members would also have seen them, many members that aren't on their mailing list might not:thumbsup:

I'd love to kick this off with a killer deal but looking back at some of my recent ones, they fall a bit flat :sad:

Share the deals guys:thumbsup:

Please Note: Any links shared to bargains/deals may be time limited.

2. rowland cutting

rowland cutting PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

sounds like a good idea ,i love a bargain :thumbsup:

3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Well if anyone is interested I have a:

£30 off Voucher
    for a Festool Sander purchase
    spend time ends on 31.07.14

I trust that counts toward your great idea, Rob :thumbsup:

PM me your address if you want it.

4. Brewersromford

Brewersromford PPS Time Served Vendor

5. Colour Republic

'PAGE NOT FOUND' Helpful, try again mate

6. MrHarriDec

MrHarriDec PPS Master Craftsman

7. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

8. dimmaz88

dimmaz88 PPS Master Craftsman

I've just been tempted by the festool rts400, however decided to go for the rupes one instead. I like the clips on that one, that way I'm not tied to velrco pads.

I did manage to find the festool for £157 inc p+p here http://www.ffx.co.uk, just use voucher code 'fes30'

9. Paint It Now

Paint It Now PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

10. Colour Republic

That amounts to 20% off PIN. Not bad at all!

Which rad if you don't mind me asking

11. rowland cutting

thanks for that, wickes is pretty good for dulux trade prices
    and there 2 pack filler is worth getting

12. tom henry

tom henry PPS Craftsman

Ultra® Max II 795 Premium

Electric Airless Sprayer

£2375+vat @ spray direct

13. Paint It Now

500 x 1300 double @ £67.99 after discount.. I get 10% off at my local store through a special deal they do for local businesses anyway, but £10.00 off was the better deal and delivered.

14. rowland cutting

15. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Its just the white mate, Last year they were doing 50% off the shelf price on Coverplus VM bases and they were kind enough to keep them round the back for you to use as you needed. Very handy. Once they roll that one out again i will be cluttering up their stores with my stock.

16. Paint It Now

17. ready1873

ready1873 PPS Tradesman

18. greenpainting

greenpainting Jolly Green Giant Bar Member

It's not just at Kent so it must be a Bedec offer via the dealers. How much is it normally?

19. Flashman

Flashman PPS Tradesman

Talking of deals, if the pound keeps getting stronger against the dollar, I'll be looking to get another Titan 400 from ToolsmartUSA or maybe an HVLP.
    I got one about 10 years ago for about £500 inclusive of delivery and import tax (20%?). Ordered and paid on the phone, took a week to arrive and paid the tax to the UPS delivery guy, no problems at all. I'll check prices but it would need to be £800ish to get me interested this time.

20. rowland cutting

B&Q are offering buy one get one half price on a lot of there paint
    not sure when the offer ends
    it definatly includes dulux trade MIXED COLOURS, but not ready mixed (i think )

i was looking at dulux trade weathershield black, mixed from a base i think it worked out at £105 ish for 2 x 5 lt =£52 a tin inc vat
    although i would prefer to just use a ready mixed black
    even so if i put that price to my dulux dec shop i think they will match it and give me the ready mixed

just checked my contract direct price and its £67.52 inc vat