1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typical Bl**dy Couriers!!!

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by Colour Republic, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:29 PM.

1. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

So today I was expecting 5 ‘really!’ ‘really!’ important deliveries that I need for first thing tomorrow.

When I placed the orders on Friday I spoke to each and every supplier to ensure they had everything in stock and I could get next day delivery. I stressed how important the orders where and left notes for their couriers so they could easily find us, and if not, to call me. Couldn’t afford to not get these deliveries.

Only 3 of the 5 deliveries actually turn up :headwall:

Out of the 3 deliveries I do receive...

The first has items damaged and bent. The supplier blames the courier. But I disagree because the tape used to fix the broken packaging has the suppliers branding on it. I send a photo to them as they request... they agree.

0C81F7C0-70FA-47B3-8AA2-571272E3092A.jpeg

Another delivery has a few items missing and also some incorrect items. I ordered locks, but handles turn up. I know why though, I ordered cat number CFC1046, they picked and packed CFC1048 ‍♂️Suppliers ask me to email pics... They agree.

CB150F98-7A35-46CB-A552-3704E726859D.jpeg

The 3rd delivery I get (glass) and the only one that didn’t come via courier, turns up fine. No issues. Hurrah!!!!

So I chase up the 2 missing deliveries via the respective couriers...

APC———

“Hello APC, how can we help?”

Hi, I’ve just received an email to say you tried to deliver, (con sig number xxxx), but that can’t be, I’ve had guys listening out for them all day as they are really important deliveries.

“Well, we can assure you that we tried to deliver but nobody answered”

hmm that’s really strange, you sure the driver went to the right address?

“Yes Sir. We have a picture of the building to prove we attended at 14:24”

Really? Ok... that sounds odd. 14:24 you say?....Sorry can you hang on a few minutes?...

(5 minutes later)

Right can I ask you something? When your drivers deliver, is it normal practice for them to knock on the door, or even a window perhaps?

“Of course it is Sir?... SIR! I can assure you our driver would have knocked and made every attempt to deliver your parcel. As I have already said, we have photographic evidence we tried to deliver”

I’m sure you do have a picture and hold that thought for a moment. Can I email you something... :rolleyes:

“Sir, we have put it on an express pre 9am. So so sorry”

TNT ———

“Hello TNT, how can we help?”

Hi, I’m expecting a delivery today, (con sig number xxx) can I just track where it is as it’s getting late.

“No problem... Sir it says we tried to deliver at 11:33 this morning”

Really? Half 11? That’s really strange as I know we were unloading a large glass delivery at around that time for 20 minutes. In fact can you hang on a few minutes please.... .... .... Hi, can I double check that time of attempted delivery again please?

“Yes Sir, logged at 11:33am”

hmm. Is it normal for your drivers to get out of the van to attempt to find an address? or do they just do a ‘drive by’ sometimes if they are stuck for time?....

F**K MY LIFE!!!!!!!

If these deliveries weren't time sensitive, they would have all turned up perfect. But they are and so some sod up there has got it in for me today!!

So I’ve decided to take positive action in sorting it out and make everything better:thumbup:

CA088A77-45D6-4378-A092-9F5C4D13B324.jpeg

2. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Have a second pint !
    Tomorrow is a different day

Peter Humphreys, Tomcio and Waynetta like this.
  3. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

TBF I had downed 4 in the time it took me to post my long ass story :lol:

4. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

5. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I think we can all relate to this :huh:

PhillyThePainter likes this.
  6. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Had a delivery from Amazon yesterday and it was left in the doorstep even though somebody was in.

7. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Some lovely cinematography there, Rob :biggrin:
    Sadly sweet nothing will come of it!

8. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Mind you CR it was only Peroni you were drinking.