1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 plus

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by mistcoat, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Received my Brewers "little book" today and thumbing thru noticed the new waterbased 123 plus from Zinsser is in stock.

Still not got my sample from the November 2011 paint show four months ago. Come on Zinsser, stop mucking about :smash:
    Has anyone else received their free sample from the 2011 P&D show?
    Be interesting to know.

2. Dellboy

Dellboy PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Nope not got mine, given up all hope of getting it to tell the truth.

3. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

I didn't know they were sending samples!

AHEM, ZINSSER, CAN I HAVE ONE TOO (if you're ever going to send them to mistcoat & Dellboy). :winky:

4. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Got the leaflet from brewers today, im going to check for stock tomorrow. I don't know why this has taken so long, it's not like it's a new product.

5. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I hope its good for nearly £50 per 2.5l:shocked:

Cheers Jimmy

6. mrjoseleite

mrjoseleite PPS Tradesman

Bought a small tin today. Tried it on some old mouldy water stains and it seemed ok, will check it tomorrow. flows nicely, good opacy.

Kent Blaxill are stocking them at the moment.

You might want to read this http://www.rustoleumibg.com/images/tds/ZIN_TDB_Bulls%20Eye%20123%20plus%20original%20with%20LEED_10_28_10.pdf

7. Designanddecor

Asked in brewers for a litre yesterday, £30!!!! How much did you pay mrjoseleite, is it just silly brewers prices again?

8. mrjoseleite

Hi, the price I paid for 1l was 13.49 + vat, 2.5 is 27 and 5l is 50, btw water and mould stains nicely sealed. Not yet used as primer
    Sorry from phone

9. Designanddecor

Was that an independent? I'm getting very sick of brewers, they told me it was expensive because its new, surely it should be cheaper if it's new?

10. Mistina

Mistina PPS Time Served

I was told by the Tor Coatings rep that this new product can be used instead of BIN on some stains and will be priced cheaper in comparison to the BIN prices due to the shellac base that it is. :dunno:

It will be interesting if anyone can give feedback on this product where they would normally have used BIN, as I'm still undecided on this.:undecided:

11. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Yes, I'll be interested to hear about it's adhesion in comparison with BIN & the old 123:scratchhead:

12. mrjoseleite

Hi, KB is an independantand, I moved to them from DDC. Firstly because of prices, but now because of the variety paint/brands they stock and the service been pretty good too. their sundries are expensive and heavily based on Hamilton and Acorn gear.

13. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I've used the normal 123 again today (haven't used for a bit) what's happend its gone crap and I had a friend with me today and we both thought it so got the johnstones primer sealer back out.

14. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

popped into a kent blaxhill in sussex when I went fishing that way, looked a good store

15. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

I too saw this product in the Brewers leaflet and gave the local Brewers a call. Thought it would be an ideal product to use on the current project.

They quoted me just over £100+vat for 5 litres :omg: They didn't feel they would be selling a great deal :whistle:

16. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

Interesting what it says on the data sheet about it locking in stains, and even if the stain isn't obliterated by the primer, it won't bleed through into the top coats. Can't remember if that's what it says on the old tins (could go and check my tin in the shed I suppose... puts kettle on instead.)

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the old 123 and the 123 plus?

It does seem stupidly expensive in Brewers, won't even look at the DDC price or my debit card will do a runner. Hmmmm. Has anyone thought of opening a Trade Decorating Co-op, owned by the staff and decorators? There'd be a mutual incentive to give fair prices, the best advice and the best products. I wouldn't be surprised if the French have done this, they love all that co-op ethos.

17. mistcoat

Forget Brewers and their £93 or however much you been charged. Have you seen how much it is on Decorating Direct?

BullsEye 123 Plus :hysterical:

You'll love it. I'm buying it all :dancechewy:

18. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

i seen that last night mistcoat dunno if dec direct are screwing theirselves or if all other dec merchants are screwing us :lol:

Cheers jimmy

19. mistcoat

When I first started using Dec Direct a few years back, I got talking to the owner as they had forgot to send a couple of items out.
    I asked him how his Zinsser prices were lower than elsewhere and he said he was once very high up working for Zinsser (true or false :dunno: ). So whether he still gets a good deal himself, I don't know.

But you can bet your bo**ocks to a barn dance, we are being shafted by the main suppliers for out and out greed :censored:

20. Designanddecor

I mentioned the price difference between dec direct and brewers to the manager in my local brewers and was met with a uninterested shrug. The mark up brewers are adding at the moment is disgusting. I actually saw a Wooster rep having a go at a manager in another brewers about the price they were selling their stuff at!