1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New member is here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by mistcoat, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

can i blame valium & tiredness again? i love everyone on valium lol

2. SpectrumDecor

SpectrumDecor PPS Time Served

So did Tony Blair until he took all our poor troops into a war to b killed... (whoops, can of worms)

3. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Saw this thread on my phone earlier and thought i'll wait till later read and reply... now 3 pages later so much to reply to!

You know what I meant to point this guy out to you a few weeks back! 2 weeks ago you made a comment in a thread about how we are perceived (might have been a thread about pricing :scratchhead:) The next day BigBuildersBum started following me on twitter, so I checked him out and it's the same old schitt, take a fee for a lead, no thought for the customer, no thought for the tradesmen, just take a fee. I thought the name illustrated perfectly people only doing harm to the industry... your point exactly! I now wish I would have posted it earlier.

Naughty girl! He might be a nice guy but he's not helping

Tim the others might not have noticed but I did:smash: and no it isn't. but consider yourself in 'The Book'... Only bad things happen to people in 'The Book'

4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

If you can be bothered to take a look at that site, see how many of the people registered in the deccie section don't have PLI.

Also for the record: Thanks BigBuildersBum for registering on Painters Pit Stop and for showing an interest in our forum, but I have banned your account, sir.
    This is solely for the fact that this site is for professional painters and decorators and industry related fields. You might find that you get a better response over at DIYnot.com

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

PPS Admin

5. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

im sorry

im always in your book, im your book b i t ch i know **sob**

**holds secret unlaunched items to ransom** mwah ha ha ha

6. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

the clients im looking to work for would never dream of typing such a name into their search engine , in fact they wouldnt employ anyone off such a site. Im not being a snob but taking care in which jobs I take on is starting to payoff and Im happy with the type of properties Im parking outside these days

as far as Im concerned the more of these sites start up the better as they keep the idiots out from under my feet and they are the quickest way to match rogue customers with rogue tradesmen. If these sites charged the customer a fee they would be out of business within a week but by tracking down desperate tradesmen they have a ready income. why are these tradesmen so desperate when there is work about. they shouldnt be trading at all . thats the beauty of a free market . the cream always rises to the top. so more power to them, let them split their customer base till none of them will make a living