1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ash Tree House - Laura Ashley Paper.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by DerekHessett, Dec 15, 2013.

1. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

This is a recent job just finished last week. They really like all things by Laura Ashley from paper to lights to furniture. It really suits this house which was built in 1851.

Was a complete strip and repair off walls with Easy Fill 45 and Toupret Interior Filler. Sanded smooth with the Mirka and then Zinsser Gaurdz to seal it. Then cross lined with Mav 100 wide, brilliant stuff paste the wall also.

Celling was finished with Johnstones Coverplus White and woodwork was sanded smooth with the RTS then Johnstones Ultra undercoat and Johnstones Ultra Gloss. Really impressed with it.

The finish papers were Laura Ashley and it went on great. Couldn't let it soak for more than a few minutes as it would tear real easy. But if you worked quick it was great.

http://www.lauraashley.com/hesta-white-floral-wallpaper/invt/3534814

http://www.lauraashley.com/lille-white-stripe-wallpaper/invt/3439798

fireplace is to be tiled and curtains have still to be put up so going pop back in to get some more photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [hr]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [hr]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

Cracking stuff Derek.

3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

What a finish, Derek!!! Top marks that man :doff:

The only think I dislike is you have the lovely Leica with legs all the way up to the body and I don't :biggrin:

4. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

Great finishes that come from great prep Derek top job!

5. Lee

Lee PPS Craftsman

Me leica! (Get it?!:hysterical::headwall::hysterical:)

Lovely stuff Derek. :thumbsup:

6. B Richardson Decorating

B Richardson Decorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Great work mate :thumbsup:
    Hard to tell in the photo's but is the woodwork an off white?

7. G-Dec

G-Dec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lovely work and a great set of pics for my website in the new year.
    Cheers Derek!:smile:

8. DerekHessett

its brilliant white, i think because the light was so poor with only one window. it was difficult to get some decent photos mate

9. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Looks well mate

10. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

A cracking job with a proper drop of prep:good2: :thumbsup:

Personally not keen onthe pattern choices but might be bias as once had a completely nightmare with that bottom paper:headwall:

It looks like you were hanging above and below the dado at the same time even though they are different papers. Any reason why you decided to do it that way? Not knocking it, just curious :winky:

11. DerekHessett

There was still a lot off furniture in the room and to save time moving them twice we just hung bellow the dado whilst the laser was up only reason.

12. wall2wall

I do the same as yourself Derek. Tops and bottoms and the same time. No wasted time or motion, one wall, one visit instead of going around the room in circles. Hang both at the same time and make use of the same plumb line,wash water etc and there's a great saving on the overall hang time. You were taught well young man.:thumbsup:

13. steveh

steveh PPS Master Craftsman

Top Job Mr H:thumbsup: i'am liking the Leica, nearly as good as your fishing:biggrin: I have similar probs with getting the photograph's right although they look pretty good you know they could always be better..maybe someone on PPS is a budding photographer and could post some tips :winky:

14. Redhousepainter

Redhousepainter Seditionary Bar Member

Job's a good un :thumbsup:

15. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

If it was the same patten then I agree and do it like that myself, however when it's different I tend to do the top first and then the bottom. I can assure you it doesn't take any longer.

However as Derek didnt have a clear run with furniture taking up space then no point in moving it twice which certainly would add extra time.

16. MrHarriDec

MrHarriDec PPS Master Craftsman

Top job Derek :thumbsup:

17. wall2wall

No point in disagreeing without demonstrating your method of achieving greater production whilst using less time and motion to achieve it. Why don't you start a new thread in the Wallcovering section wnd we can both put a case forward for our opinions as I did for the hanging of Grasscloth in the clubhouse. Might be a good idea to take those few posts out to the Wallcovering section also that folk can see opposing views on that also.

This is how people learn from exposure to differing views and practices.

18. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks really really nice I really like the gloss finish on the woodwork:thumbsup:

19. Ngeraghty

Ngeraghty PPS Master Craftsman

Wow

That looks fantastic

Great work there:thumbsup:

20. Dev_Dec

Dev_Dec PPS Time Served

Nice bit of work that fair play.