1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ash Tree House - Laura Ashley Paper.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by DerekHessett, Dec 15, 2013.

1. tjbelfield

tjbelfield Decor1st.com PPS Painter Bar Member

Nice work Derek:thumbsup: what's the trim paint?

2. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

good stuff that derek :thumbsup:

3. bobajob

bobajob PPS Craftsman Bar Member

nice work must admit I,m a bit of an old luddite when it comes to woodwork I like oil gloss ok its out their I admit it get over it move on as for the leica its the one that I use and its spot on I picked mine up with the pole -best £200 notes for a long time

4. dynamod

dynamod PPS Craftsman

Lovely job Derek :thumbsup:

Did you use LA paste out of interest, as I find it tends to make the paper very mushy, very quickly.

5. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I didn't us LA paste I used Solvite ready mixed red lid. I found that as well with a test piece. Got the living room to do in January as well with a LA paper and some furniture to be painted.

6. Agp Decorators

Agp Decorators PPS Tradesman

7. Jeremy T

Jeremy T PPS Tradesman

Now that's how decorating should be done , first class :thumbsup:

8. geoff66

geoff66 PPS Tradesman Bar Member

top notch

9. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really nice work Derek. The fact the client is booking you in for further rooms speaks volumes.

10. Jam Buster

Jam Buster PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

That's a crackin job mate, very tidy :thumbsup:

11. Roymak

Roymak PPS Time Served

Nice one, a lot of prep and :thumbsup:it shows in the finish you have got.

12. greenpainting

greenpainting Jolly Green Giant Bar Member

Well in my previous existence I was/am a professional photographer so maybe I can help with tips if anyone needs them. Your problem in those pics is white balance - light has different colour tones so if you photograph in daylight in winter it's a different colour to summer and different to electric light etc. So to make white look white you need to tell the camera what kind of light is illuminating the scene. Not all cameras will have that facility but all DSLRs will. Ideally you want to set a custom white ballance on the camera but that's a bit more involved and you need to know what you're doing. Any help? :winky:

13. boz1974

boz1974 PPS Apprentice

looks fantastic!!

14. dimmaz88

dimmaz88 PPS Master Craftsman

What do you use to take your pics? They come out well, is it a few stitched together?

15. Leigh

Leigh PPS Time Served

Loving your your work mate, top professional job