1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aura Matte. Lovely stuff

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Waynetta, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really nice @Waynetta, that's some going in 15 days with a brush and roller!
    With your spraying background that panelling would have been the perfect practice ground for the xvlp on woodwork!

Waynetta and RonyT like this.
  2. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

What a fab result you created! Lovely colour combination too.

CF3EEE68-2EC7-4EE1-AE16-1DB6242D71F7.jpeg 54E6DBC7-0711-4135-AFF5-22C7F526BF44.jpeg

Gazza, Waynetta, cpb and 2 others like this.
  3. cpb

cpb PPS Tradesman

Looks really smart, lovely job.:thumbsup:

RonyT likes this.
  4. andyfloss

andyfloss PPS Craftsman

Really nice looking work @Waynetta. Your patience and hard graft paid off.

Is same job as your dark blue lounge/sitting room? (Issues with burnishing)

5. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

No mate different house. Absolutely no issues with coverage with this colour. Two coats was plenty :thumbsup:
    ---
    Yes that’s true buckers but after spraying the ceiling and cornice I developed Tennis Elbow really bad and found the spray gun very painful to operate. still suffering 6 weeks on:oldman:.
    Difficult to judge any time saving opportunity vis a vis spraying or rolling/brushing? There would have been loads masking to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
    Buckers and Marylee like this.
  6. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Must admit I'm on a job now where I priced to spray stair runners and banister. Sacked spraying off in the end as reckoned could do it quicker by hand anyway and in the end I do think it was quicker by hand. Was a gnarly old banister anyway with grooved square spindles that never look great unless you literally spend a week sanding them which in this instance customer wasn't arsed about.

More inclined to spray rounded / moulded spindles tho