1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bank Job Windows

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by chris spence, Feb 18, 2012.

1. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

[attachment=1197]

I used the Fein Supacut to help me with abrading and it was a general, it really performed well till i dropped it, lookily i had completed most of the work but it still upset me ive got to drop it into data tools tomorrow to hopefully get repaired, its only the lever that got snapped :sad:

2. figielpainting

figielpainting PPS Apprentice

We do a lot of site work and we are good at it. But we do domestic as well and we are good at that as well. I'll set our guys on site against any of you in a 'race' and I can put them in the queen's bedroom and challenge you on quality. I agree with Kirk... good deccies can adapt and do both. End of.

Some good work there Chris, well done.

3. figielpainting

We mist and two, u/c and double gloss (acrylic) on new work. Get some surprised looks from contractors but we do the job properly and are competitive price wise. We perhaps don't win as many new build tenders as others, but those we do, we keep.

4. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

good to see yu on here fingerpainting, hope too see more from you, for the most part you can have a decent exchange of views and debate without people getting silly and abusive

I welcme yout comments, previous to this last stint I was on site in 04, it was new work for the mod and they had higher standards tha sitework generally, returned to sitework 3 months ago and found standards considerably higher and less time to achieve it, I also found that to be the norm from talking to others

so those that are doing sitework, including chris on his commercial work are saying its hardwork , standards are high and you have to get a wriggle on to complete on time, its only a few domestic are saying otherwise.

I will do sitework again but it is punishing, this time last year I had a heart attack and couldnt work for 3 months, then when I did go back to wotk it was one or two small jobs a month , end of nov I was doing 100 mph on site, ive proved something to myself and learnt a bit in the process, time to be sensible for once and accept Im knocking on and have a dickie heart, I can sell on skill, knowledge, experiance and standard of finish and I think thats what i should focus on now

5. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Hello John, nice to see you here again :thumbsup:

6. figielpainting

Thanks Mike and mistcoat, for your comments.
    I'll probably be as infrequent a poster as normal, but will try not to stir up any hornets nests!
    Just to clarify I wasn't trying to say one is better or worse than the other, but I think good deccies should be able to cope with both (the physical side of site work being an understandable exception in some cases as you point out Mike) given a little acclimatisation time!

7. MND

MND PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

So you are basically saying our work is schitt and these guys are too good so I can't make any money off them because they won't tosh it?

8. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

No not at all,just wondered from a employer perspective why they were deemed no good for you.

9. andyrolls

andyrolls PPS Craftsman

Would assume because they're crap, duh

10. mistcoat

At least Brian had a bit of diplomacy, andy :biggrin:

11. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Wow someone wants to have a race........ NO thanks better things to do.... Like drinking coffee:smile:

12. mistcoat

I reckon we all ought to agree that we are all good at what we are good at!

13. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

Why do you think I've kept quiet! :winky:

:whistle:

14. CheshireDecorator

On a side note on another forum " theuksbestdecorator" notsure if he's a site man or domestic or just pi*ses on us all, but he charges £40 a day and says he's very proud 100% of his work comes from word of mouth and says we all need to up are game if were going to compete on his level....

15. kirk

kirk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

If he is serious that is funny as I earn more then 40 a day :sarcastic:

16. mikethebrush

hes got to be a windup, he employs people out of that too[hr]
    correction, she employs people out of that too

17. CheshireDecorator

Well someone did point out to him its below national min wage his reply " its not about money its the love of decor" also his hobby is to visit local decorators and have a brew and a good old nosy around there work .... This guy is mental LOL

18. mistcoat

You'll be pleased to know this thread has now reached 12th place in the "Most Popular Thread" league and doesn't look to be stopping :huh:

19. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Read her (Not sure it really is) posts the other day, I think it's just a wind up as all the posts are taking the pee

20. mikethebrush

whats the top twenty most popular threads