1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barn conversion feature wall

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by bagshot, Jan 20, 2011.

1. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Here you go ,just finishing a job at the moment.This was one wall about 20 ft at highest.Had to hanga laura Ashley paper(bugger at the best of times)Up and down me ladder all day,glad its done.

Edit: Moved here so you can 'showcase' it in a more appropriate thread when you add more photo's. Hope that's ok? :thumbup:

2. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Is that all you have done all day? besides, the pattern doesn't match & it is upside down :hysterical: :hysterical: :jester:

Every one is doing feature walls these days, I suppose they can't afford the wallpaper for the other three - with all these cut backs & all.

Ohh, by the way Brian NICE job :thumbsup: :thumbup: I like the Laura Ashley paper - I am not so sure of the current designs, but years ago I lapped it up, hung miles of it.

3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That's nice paper, Brian.  :thumbsup:
    That's where a laser line would come in handy at that height for the first plumb. Do you use one?

I hoped you'd put this job on. Cheers!

4. bagshot

No a level Tim,should have a few more piccies tomorrow as i'm on a another room and another feature wall.A tad smaller in height thou.should be finished tomorrow

5. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

that looks a treat, im glad it was you and not me :biggrin:

6. Aggie

Good show Brian. {I am sorry if my post was a bit un-positive - didn't mean it :no: & was only :jester: I have just been informed by my accountant that £5,500 is required by the end of the month :censored: :censored: & am not best pleased & should not be posting in my present mood.}

7. mistcoat

Ouch!!!  :sad:

P'raps you ought to lock yourself in the PPS Cellar till you've paid out.

8. bagshot

no i didn't take it the wrong way Aggie,i think a lot of us on here no when the michael is being extracted.
    £5500 you could buy Tim a new van instead of paying your tax bill. :hysterical:

9. mistcoat

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please welcome your new Moderator ^^^^^

10. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

What were the walls like on that barn, did they need the wallpaper as a coverup ? i do like though, fairplay, with the height and all and dropping rolls, good show  :thumbsup:

11. bagshot

No just ,wanted feature walls chris,some more piccies as i've finished the job now and will get some of these on me website this weekend hopefully.

12. mistcoat

Looks nice and fresh, Brian  :thumbsup:

Was it just the sticking you had or did you do the lid and any w/w too?
    No lining needed either  :no:

+1

13. Aggie

That looks really good Brian. Those jobs are awkward, with not just teh height, but the sloping ceilings as well. The little brick corbeled pad stones for the purlins look like little bee hives! You will be able to get teh bill in now!

14. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

Looks like it was built with the barn mate, nice job,very nice  :thumbup:

15. bagshot

money already banked Aggie,walls were not cross lined,were in good nick,preped n sized and then rolled paste on walls before sticking.Plaster sucked paste like no ones bussiness.Just did feature wall and woodwork in this room and all of other one,piccies to follow

16. mistcoat

Wot no Gardz  :eek:
          :lol:

17. bagshot

Wot no Gardz 
    no Tim, i like gardz but only for stripping paper and emulsioning.Prefer paste for sticking.Just not a big fan of gardz for slinging.jmo :thumbsup:

18. mistcoat

No worries, Brian.
    We all know what we enjoy working with and as long as the result is the same  :yes:

Did you sign the wall before before sticking? - Proudly decorated by www.briandaviespainteranddecorator.co.uk/ 2011

19. bagshot

more piccies,this was room number two,did all of this one,hence me tower. :thumbup:

20. bagshot

and again,                                                                                                                                                                                    sorry Tim didn't sign the wall underneath,took a big chunk out with the tower when  taking it down,does that count ?just kidding :jester: :whistle: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :lol: :lol: