1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barn conversion feature wall

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by bagshot, Jan 20, 2011.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Oh poo! Don't you hate it when that happens?
    Packing away, all gently Bently and "SMACK"... "Oh blast and botheration," I'd say  :whistle:

2. mistcoat

What paste did you use for this one Brian. Ready mixed tub or flakes?

3. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

i always use solvite flakes with a glug of pva in it unless stated on destructions.I have used other flaked paste but have never had problem with Sovite,so if it aint nbroke,why fix it?.

4. mistcoat

I like Solvite too, Brian. Tho I would like to try the HallsBeeline Tub Pastes at some point. They are good so I hear.

How much is a "glug" of PVA and is there a real benefit in adding the PVA?
    Similar question I guess to whether adding Owatrol Oil to solvent gloss is of any benefit  ::)

I only ask because I have never done that to Solvite.
    Cheers me dears  :thumbsup:

5. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Yeah, I used to add PVA too - haven't done it for years, don't know why I stopped TBH. I always use teh solvite flake - especially for wall papers like sanderson etc. However, I have used the tub paste for this also & it does stick better in some circumstances, such as going over wallrock.

That looks really good Brian, because of the length of drop & teh fact that you use flake paste, which seems to make it 'wetter', did you get much stretching with the pattern?

6. bagshot

None on the second room Ag as was pretty easy to get the lenghs out pretty rapido ie step of tower move tower then smooth out rest of paper looselty then back up tower to titivate,smmoth out and trim.The other room wa sthe hardest papering i have ever done because of height and it did stretch a bit but because it is such a big pattern loses it in the overall effect.Customers over the moon with it.I got the impression a few Deccies didn't fancy it.

7. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Get your toe boards on that tower, the next time you put pics up of it - we don't want the youngsters on here getting the wrong idea about 'elf 'n' safety'  :devilgrin: :whistle:

8. bagshot

I wondered what those extra peices of wood i got with the tower were for lmao :whistle: :walkingdog: