1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benjamin Moore Aura Matte versus Red Wine (walls).

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by mistcoat, Apr 8, 2019.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Just thought I'd pass this on from an existing client.

Recently re-visited the client who I have hand painted their kitchen, then the hall/stairs/landing and now I am to do their lounge in a couple of weeks.
    Aaaanyway, while there on the lounge measure, the lady mentioned that about three weeks after I had finished the walls on the h/s/l, she went to bed early one night but hadn't finished her glass of wine, so she took it up to bed whilst she finished a chapter of a book.

Top of the landing she stumbled on something her husband was supposed to put away and nearly a whole glass of red wine went down the well wall. She ran around for a brief time wailing before cleaning it and she was more than happy that it cleaned up with minimal fuss using warm water and a microfibre cloth and no staining.

When she got up in the morning, she said that the BM ceiling paint didn't fair so good though as the wine had run down the wall and crept onto that area in the hall :biggrin:

Sorry it is a long winded post just to tell you that wine was easily removed. But I would think red wine would be worse at staining than tea? :dunno:

The wall colour was Natural Wicker - 950

@BenjaminMooreUK

RonyT, bitzz, Bobbones and 4 others like this.
  2. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Sounds like my missus that . Accidental / clumsy spillage of red wine and somehow I end up getting the blame for it ...

RonyT, Buckers, Kevin court and 3 others like this.
  3. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

4. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

5. mistcoat

Wayners likes this.
  6. Rdubya

Rdubya PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

If it is, I'll paint her h/s/l for 40 quid

mistcoat and crj like this.
  7. crj

You can have the upstairs and I'll have the downstairs mate.

On a seperate note mate , I blame you for wayners new found usage of GIFs , no one ever used them on here before you started using the sodding things !!

barry, Kevin court, Buckers and 2 others like this.
  8. Rdubya

[​IMG]

Wayners and crj like this.
  9. mistcoat

@Richard Whittle & @crj You pair of sods are trying to move in on my job :timeout:
    Unless I move in quick to stop you, all I will be left with is the back door :nownow:

And Richard, you have undercut me by a tenner again :lol:

crj and Rdubya like this.
  10. Rdubya

Such childish innuendos........I approve :lol:

crj and mistcoat like this.
  11. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@crj ... my error... I missed this uplifting entry of yours... the Gif part...oh so true. Have you seen my entry of last night on the wretched things. ?
    They did have a degree of relevance.. I stress .. a small degree. But now.... what the F has a leopard closing in on a man to do with anything ????? AAAAGGGHHH:rant::rant:

12. crj

I noticed you posted a similar thing just after me , great minds think alike!

I somehow managed to accidentally send one to a customer yesterday , God knows how I managed to do that. It was a really random one that had no relevance at all to the message I sent him.

My 9 year old daughter often sends me them and I'm assuming that when I replied to her with said gif my phone saved it? Dunno but was a bit embarrassing

13. Rdubya

I’d be interested in seeing what you have to say about the wretched things if you’d post a link.

14. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Hiya... a link ??? Well beyond me Richard.!! See the forum. It was called something like “ which is worse .,, gifs or brexit” ....,, links indeed !!!!!