1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blast from the past

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by DMdec, Jul 9, 2019.

1. DMdec

DMdec PPS Apprentice

Been looking at some work photos to post and found these of a vets reception in Leeds from I think 2006, pre smart phone era so taken with a little Samsung flip thing. All F&B oil apart from ceiling. Flat oil on the walls and estate oil for the woodwork. Also first time i’d ever hung lincrusta, Ratcliffes mahogany stumble glaze, not sure they even make this anymore, I remember been told at college that any rags used for wiping out could potentially combust. I did final coat the skirts and emulsion glaze the dado but this was photo day.
    You could also use a brushmate to sit on a lunchtime back then too.

Attached Files:

2. Redhousepainter

Redhousepainter Seditionary Bar Member

Nice work mate :thumbsup:

3. Teho

Teho PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice I do love RD1964FR I think it's one of my favourites

4. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice work there and a smart Vets reception

Are we talking ex-army or furry things ?

Kevin court likes this.
  5. DMdec

DMdec PPS Apprentice

Yes
    Something about Lincrusta, did a few jobs at one point then it seemed to peter out.
    Did a large HSL dado in Acanthus, looked superb but was too lazy to upload photos. Before all this cloud job so once i’d Changed my phone I lost the pictures. Definatly gave me the highest job satisfaction but at £250+ a roll and maybe 2 or 3 rolls a day your never gonna be stacked out with it.
    Furry animals believe or not. Think she dropped 12k on the floor alone.
    Finished job had all solid mahogany desk and Victorian light fittings. Top it all off she then charged me £300 to take out my cats tooth out.

mistcoat, LMDec and Buckers like this.
  6. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

Lovely job that :thumbsup:

7. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Beautiful job

8. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice :thumbup:

9. stevy

stevy PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member