1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

blaze disc.jpg
    I found these Norton Blaze discs really good at stripping and surface conditioning exterior surfaces recently. Flaky painted fibreglass or peeling paint on wood, the discs quickly took it back to bare substrate. I had a 50mm and 125mm one.

They don't last as long on metal, I stripped paint from a small lamppost and that was it worn out .
    For softer substrates I had a 125mm one that lasted a house.
    Think of them as a really coarse non clogging abrasive. You can get them pretty much anywhere Screwfix and Toolstation sell them.

2. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Couldn't find them on toolstation Adam, do you have a link please ? These could be something I will need shortly.

3. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yes linky plz :yes:

4. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

5. ahenrypd

Just checked, fat lot of good, they aren't available at Toolstation at the mo, but here is the 115mm. Screwfix. Cromwell tools do a few different sizes including a roloc 50mm one.

6. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

7. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Quiet a few on Amazon,,, if the link works --> HERE.

Nice find, Adam @ahenrypd :thumbsup:

8. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

What tool have you got the small one in in the photo @ahenrypd ?

It's not a grinder is it?

9. ahenrypd

No and yes. It's a flex supraflex. Basically a glorified angle grinder, it comes with a sanding pad and dust shroud it has an m14 thread allowing for all sorts of attachments and uses.

It is a good tool with high stock removal rates, but expensive for what it is. I'm sure a variable speed angle grinder would be just as good.

Buckers likes this.