1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by 3 spires, Oct 18, 2017.

1. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Just noticed a remark on Bookmarking, sounds like a really useful idea as my memory is not what it used to be!
    :oldman:

How do you do it?

Thanks all:doff:

2. Iain79

Iain79 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

You can bookmark in your browser, so depending how your viewing web page you can bookmark from there -

so for example the browser I'm using is chrome and if I click the top right next to where u put web address in it brings up a load of options, bookmark is one.

If I click the star icon it saves the page

Then if I click bookmarks it lists all my saved pages

You can set up different folders but basically if you've bookmarked a site then in future u can click on same bit and it brings up all the sites you've saved

EddieKavanagh and 3 spires like this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

You android? Google keep free app . Just like paper post it notes so I cut and paste information to each note. It's all stored in the cloud and can be accessed via PC or phone. Some examples of notes . Music I must download. Tikkurila . Benjamin Moore. Hotels. Food orders. Things i must order. Job information. You can colour the notes to but I just use red as important. Bookmarks are good to. Here is a screen shot of Google keep. [​IMG]

3 spires likes this.
  4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Will look into it and bookmark it now so I don't forget :winky:

5. mistcoat

Added Bookmarks for you folks.
    You can see the link for it below each post - Bookmark

When you click the link a new window will open allowing you to make a note indicating why you bookmarked the post.
    To find a bookmarked post, go to your username at the top RHS of the forum and hover over your name with your cursor (or click username if on a smart device). A drop down window will appear and in the right hand column at the bottom you will see a link Bookmark List. Click it for your bookmarked posts and your notes.

Bookmark link will show Unbookmark when you have already bookmarked a post.

Have a play and let me know if you come across any issues.

Also, before anyone grizzles, not all member groups have permission to Bookmark. So cut your whining! :winky:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    greenbank, 3 spires and Wayners like this.
  6. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Ive just spent 2 hours reading all the above and................... have committed suicide:spew:

7. mistcoat

Ah, sorry about that, Barry. Would you like me to delete your account now you will be no longer needing it?
    Hope it was quick?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :jester:

Buckers and ahenrypd like this.
  8. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Cheers Mistcoat that' a great addition to the site, got to spend a few hours going through old posts to bookmark stuff starting with Painter16's jokes

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Painter16 and mistcoat like this.
  9. mistcoat

@3 spires I have now revoked your Bookmark permissions. If you bookmarked all of @Painter16 's jokes, it will cost the forum a lot of money in extra bandwidth. His jokes run into 100's and thousands of GB of tomfoolery.
    The good jokes I can fit on a floppy disk :tomato:
    Sorry Kev.

Painter16 and 3 spires like this.
  10. parkepainters

parkepainters PPS Apprentice

Thanks @mistcoat, more bloody bookmarks for me! My Chrome is already packed with them! I bookmark all materials in a folder called ''Regular Materials'', which means I can easily find and restock when needed :biggrin:

mistcoat likes this.
  11. barry

@mistcoat ..:hysterical::hysterical:......story of my life.... I missed. Next time.

mistcoat likes this.
  12. mistcoat

@barry I'm glad you took that in the way I wrote it, good sir. :friends:
    It was a risky post and I was a bit worried I may offend you or others.

13. barry

@mistcoat ..... my dear chap.... I quote my dear Northern Gran “OOOhh ,I wish you’d give over “
    Ive never written it before and it appears total baahhllux , but spoken, it says it all. Guess it equates to down here’s .”Leave it out”..... which also looks baaahhoolux when in print
    I’m off to cry !!:sarcastic:

14. mistcoat

Haha, I think I can hear your Gran's tone :winky: