1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brewers advertising

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Wayners, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Asked for the same filler at an independant merchant and I had the filler within a week. So even though this other place is further away I much prefer going there than Brewers.

RonyT likes this.
  2. Tomdec

Tomdec Veni, Vidi, Vici. Bar Member

Needed a couple of 9" Wooster 50/50 roller sleeves ( I like them ). Quick look on'tinternet brought up Brewers advert. Happy days, only 15 minute drive from present job. Rang to save wasted journey if not in stock only to be told by guy at service counter " don't do'em ". Ordered at 12.50 yesterday afternoon from Decorating Direct arrived this morning at 10.00. Don't know how they stay open.

barry, ahenrypd, mistcoat and 2 others like this.
  3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

@Tomdec I had asked for numerous things over the years from my local Brewers. Usually told the same thing as you.
    The reason I was told was, something is “only stocked if it is popular” :scratchhead:

Tomdec, barry and ahenrypd like this.
  4. Tomdec

Tomdec Veni, Vidi, Vici. Bar Member

@mistcoat The guy had no knowledge of the product. I had to explain. Contrast that with the customer service we're lucky enough to experience with BM, DD, Paintshack etc.

RonyT, mistcoat and barry like this.
  5. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

@Tomdec Have to say, I’ve experienced that too (no knowledge they stock a product or/of a product at all).
    Shame really.