1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you see me

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by CCG, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CCG

CCG PPS Master Craftsman

Always wondered why there is a section on the forum that enables you to become 'invisible'.

Pray tell!:dunno:

And do the people that do like to hide, know that we can tell that they are 'hiding'!:lol:

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Do you mean the CH being invisible?

3. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

The point is you don't know what they are doing on the forum, it seems a bit pointless to me too but :dunno:

I always remember that when I first had a mobile phone, just at the beginning of the huge surge of interest in them, I used to get called by a guy from a shop fitting firm in Manchester every week. His name was Ian and he always used the caller privacy on his mobile so that when he called it came up "Private" on my screen. I always used to answer it "Hi Ian" to which he was always confused at how I knew it was him. Simply because he was the only "Private" caller that ever rang at that time :lol:

4. CCG

CCG PPS Master Craftsman

:lol:
    [hr]
    What is CH?

5. mistcoat

Club House

6. mistcoat

Stupid boy! I think I know what you mean now. :hysterical:
    In the user CP where you can set your privacy to hide from who is online.

I am such a peenarse at times.... most of the time :blush:

Yes, I find it daft too and can easily disable it, but if someone feels the need to lurk about and stay hidden that's up to them I guess.

:lurking:

The mods know where they are though so we know what you're up to lurkers :yes:

7. CCG

CCG PPS Master Craftsman

:hysterical: Nice cold beer.....or two Tim, that'll sort you out!!

8. mistcoat

It might have been the beer that caused the oversight [​IMG]

9. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Sometimes being 'hidden' can be a god send. There is another forum that i'm currently invisable on not because i'm lurking but because sometimes someone can send you a PM and you don't respond straight away... they see you online and get all upset thinking you are ignoring them... you're not, you're just busy