1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caparol Amphibolin, another exterior

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Daf, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

31BC2674-95C9-4435-AE27-C451C8D4940F.jpeg DDA2B4C8-75C0-4ADD-81FF-B45E21380939.jpeg ABE25100-317E-4D7A-A4EB-822281CBE8B4.jpeg AA1CEC9A-969A-48B8-AC7D-D3A8162CEFC9.jpeg 069E2E32-B793-45E2-9E4F-C48A0DD800FC.jpeg 2C15F283-36D0-41FD-9F4B-ED729E2DEF3F.jpeg 5755F8A4-4078-48E5-AA0A-3C73E766A9BB.jpeg

Another one done, hard graft in the heat.

I’m very impressed with the Caparol Amphibolin, I rolled the masonry and cut in using the oldfields 3” brush, this stuff is a brush killer!

It dried absolutely in no time and had a silky smooth feel, first coat really covered well and very bright too, the first two pictures are before and 1st coat.

The pictures were taken the day it rained, I just wishes I took them in the sunshine, it really looked lovely.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  2. Daf

I used the Caparol 2k pu satin, dried really quick and has a shell like feel to it, very bright white, and matched the masonry Amphibolin colour, I applied 2 coats over the Haftprimer, I had some left which I could have use the next day, strange as it dried ever so quickly outside.

Highly recommend both paints.

mistcoat and 3 spires like this.
  3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Nice job sir! :+1_pps:

That huge concrete mound (the one with the hose and aerial in shot) is a right old slip hazard in the winter, I bet :shocked:

Daf likes this.
  4. Daf

I bet it is, but they don’t let during winter months, which is a shame, the cliff is ebbing ever closer to this old building, I think the owner said 10 years before the sea claims another one.

The pictures don’t do justice, but I’m very impressed with the Caparol paint
    Thank you all for your kind words again

mistcoat likes this.
  5. will

will PPS Tradesman

Can i ask why Amphibolin on walls?..Is it because it is better on coastal work,or other reasons?...will

6. Daf

The last time I did this I used Dulux weathershield, it was and has been ok, but I wanted to use the Caparol this time, the owner has this done every 3 years without fail, so it’s more of a test to see how it stands up, I use last time Aura exterior on the woodwork, everything went a Sandy colour but all held up satisfactory.

Long ago I spoke to Steve @ Paintshack and he was saying how good the Amphilbolin was, so I can agree, it is good.

Time will obviously tell, as the holiday let does have extreme weather conditions where it’s placed, but I have faith in the product.

So there is no real answer really to your question @will, I want to see for myself and am willing to redo it FOC if it fails.

I’m going to use it on my house this year, if I can.

Gazza, Jason Gunter and will like this.
  7. will

will PPS Tradesman

Thank you for answering ,i am keen to use Amphibolin and work on coastal properties just down from you so "nosey"to see if you have the answer to the accelerated ageing they suffer....will

Daf likes this.
  8. Daf

I’ll keep you posted if anything arises @will

will likes this.
  9. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Looks stunning @Daf so bright and fresh, it must be dazzling with the sun on it.
    Looks very smart, you must have a very happy customer, great work again.

Daf likes this.
  10. Daf

Thank you Michael, the photos really don’t do it justice, it’s a real shame as I finished the day before, and that was a glorious, on the way home I realised I did t take any pictures, hey ho!

11. ryu

ryu PPS Tradesman

just put 150 litres on a massive job.. top top gear.

Daf likes this.
  12. ryu

ryu PPS Tradesman

if you use the capatox first you have a serious system

Daf likes this.
  13. Daf

Wow 150l !

Gotta see the piccys @ryu

14. Daf

I has some Dulus gear left over so I used that, but thanks for letting me know

15. ryu

ryu PPS Tradesman

how do you post pictures on here?
    —-
    are you images from the phone or from the computer?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2021
  16. Daf

Start a new thread.

All from iPhone

Compress the image using any resize app, then go to upload a file, select photo, then just keep adding photos, must be less than 1 mb each. then use thumb nail or full image and post

17. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Caparol paint product talk

will likes this.
  18. SlappedAndDashed

SlappedAndDashed PPS Apprentice

Whos the ugly git in that video? I'd hate to be related to him
    Thats my old man btw

Love the Amphetamine, such a do all product. Dad says its the only thing he knows to hold back distemper

ahenrypd likes this.
  19. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

You R then?
    Ha..

Edit.. Yeah. Just seen introduction post

SlappedAndDashed likes this.
  20. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Which one … Steve who ive just seen for the first time in many years, when he was at Cane Adams Wokinghan or the chap in glasses ?