1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlotte Gaisford Wallpaper.

Discussion in 'Wallcoverings - and related topics.' started by Lee Anthony, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I've got another customer who has got a few samples of Charlotte Gaisford Wallpaper. It does feel like a good quality paper. But has anyone on here ever hung it as it is rather expensive.

2. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Sorry ,not hung it. Just being nosey... how much is rather expensive ?

3. Lee Anthony

Hi Baz. It's £88 for the standard 52 cm x 10m or £110 for the 70cm x 10m. of course my customer has chosen the only paper that's 70 cm wide. It's all printed to order as well.

https://www.charlottegaisford.co.uk/product-category/wallpaper/

4. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I'd rather the wider one tbh , less drops to hang, Shirley?

grumpyvandriver likes this.
  5. Lee Anthony

It's all paste the wall as well which is another bonus.

6. barry

Many thanks Lee, very interesting. That is expensive enough.! It’s a strange thing, it must be age, but the gripper and I both don’t like pastrr the wall. Must be our age! Posting this just reminded me, A good few years ago a Russian banker give us a ring to say he had one feature wall to do and he had bought the wall covering at £110 per linear metre. I can’t for the life of me remember the width, probably 110 cm but don’t quote me. It was actually horrible in my opinion, flock, what Chinese restaurant used to be. So there it was This precious role. We said to him before we start putting it on we’re going to check it. He was adamant it didn’t need checking as he taken the wall dimensions into the Windsor shop. Good job we insisted as it actually was wrong!! For the sake of the story let us say the wall is 3 m high by 5 m wide, he said 5x3m to the shop. They had cut it for a 5 m high wall 3 m wide. Whatever you do don’t quote me on these figures because they are from the dim and distant past but it left a gap of about 30 cm of bare wall on the last piece that we would’ve hung. We went away well they argued whose fault it was.!!

7. Lee Anthony

I haven't hung a lot of paste the wall but in theory it's easier. No soaking & it doesn't shrink. I spoke to someone at their office today and they said it's easy to hang and decorators love it.

8. greenpainting

greenpainting Jolly Green Giant Bar Member

It's certinly cleaner to work with, and doesn't need a table. The only single dis I can think of is that it is less pliable on external corners. But these days it's all about feature walls so not a problem. And no messing about waiting for soak time. What's not to like?

9. barry

This.... you hang a left hand whole piece. Obviously you have “gummed “the wall past its RH edge. You now gum the wall wider than piece 2. By now the wall up to piece 1’s RH edge is drying. Now it’s bxxxering about with a 38mm probably putting a bit too much on which appears on the surface paper by magic .
    Pass me the pasting table vicar

10. greenpainting

greenpainting Jolly Green Giant Bar Member

barry likes this.
  11. barry

At 2 years off 80 it is a miracle that the whole wall hasn’t dried up !!! :yes::oldman::cheers:

greenpainting and Marylee like this.