1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Council spec retro kitchen respray

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Here is a kitchen we completed at the end of this week, looking very retro now with its semi gloss finish matched to Little Greene acorn 87, don't usually take this sort on as they aren't usually worth the hassle but this one came out remarkably well considering it is a 25 year old council fitted kitchen, wouldn't look out of place in a 70's camper or airstream.

Attached Files:

Iain79, mistcoat, Waynetta and 9 others like this.
  2. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Good retro colour that mate. Looks great if you like that type of thing.

andyfloss and Michael W like this.
  3. greenbank

greenbank PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice work! Good to see something a bit different too

Bobbones, andyfloss and Michael W like this.
  4. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks Gazza and greenbank, nice to do something different other than shaker kitchens in grey

Waynetta, Bobbones, greenbank and 2 others like this.
  5. andyfloss

andyfloss PPS Craftsman

Looks good job, nice transformation.
    Was lady (or man to be pc) donning pinafore and have scarf covering their hair rollers? Seems quite a few people are also living retro.

Michael W likes this.
  6. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Yes andyfloss very Nora Batty esque hahaha, wouldn't have been my choice and must admit looked dreadful in the workshop sitting on the drying racks once sprayed the colour was really insipid but once it was all reassembled it allcame together and two very happy customers

andyfloss likes this.
  7. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Michael W - It wouldn't look out of place in a VW campavan that. What products did you use and how did you spray it ?

8. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@RonyT all done in Renner 2k pu solvent, all sprayed with a compressor, primed with a Devilbiss gpi and top coated on site with a A.N.I R160 mini gun using a 100 litre 14cfm compressor, back at the workshop we use a Devilbiss gti prolite for the top coats, all air fed setup in the workshop with 100 cfm rotary screw compressor

9. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

:thumbsup:
    Hearing some good things about the Renner products. Especially their clear coat stuff.
    Just out of interest, why did you prime on site and finish in the shop ? (or have I completely misunderstood).
    I ask as I normally just take the lot away and prime and complete off site.

10. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Good morning @RonyT sorry I didn't explain myself very well, yes we take everything away for prime and top coat, we only spray carcass leading edges and end panels on site and a few other unremmovable items. The products from Renner are great, I couldn't recommend them highly enough and one of their main UK distribution warehouses is just outside of the village where I live.
    ---
    Here is a small piece of furniture we completed with another kitchen we did early last week, all Renner with Renner self sealing clear coat on the top in 25% gloss level so easy to use.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2021
  11. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

@Michael W What a difference a day makes, eh?!!
    I like that colour a lot in there. Looks the part :+1_pps:

Michael W likes this.
  12. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @mistcoat.
    We wish you could get these done in a day hehe, we have no idea how some companies are able to do it or especially do it right in a day, the one we are doing this week is a monster in comparison, with a full vinyl strip back to the mdf even on all the end panels and on site stuff which are generally melamine covered chipboard, we have had major issues getting stubborn glue residue out of all the little detailed items like faux pillars on faux tongue and groove mdf end panels on a kitchen island, I will uoad the pics when completed next week.

RonyT and mistcoat like this.
  13. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Sounds fun @Michael W
    That’ll keep you busy for a while :thumbsup: