1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country cottage kitchen respray

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Feb 6, 2021.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I'm starting to catch up with new threads.
    That is another cracking job buttoned up, @Michael W

Listen to @Buckers re £££

:yes:

Daf, Buckers and Michael W like this.
  2. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @mistcoat, I completely agree mate, we need to increase the prices slightly, as we have only been operating on the spray side of things for about 18 or so months we have been trying to secure a lot of work to get our reputation out there and to a very high standard, but we are finding as each week goes by it is getting busier and harder with the volume of work we have through the door, meaning we are working a lot longer hours to get the work back out to the customers and all these extra hours aren't earning us what we should be, I just find it worrying putting prices up a little as I wouldn't want it to turn quiet, think we need to increase very slightly so the profit margin is a bit better. As it stands this week we have 2 large sets of built in wardrobes in, 1 of which is high gloss, 1 high gloss kitchen 30 odd pieces, 1 small chest of drawers, 1 large chest of drawers, 5 large uPVC windows and 1 set of uPVC French doors and frame for a window firm in Oxford who have the wrong colour, it is absolutely off the scale and it needs done and finished up by Friday for the 2 kitchens we have starting a week on Monday. But not complaining at all, very happy to be so busy in times like we are in :biggrin:

3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

@Michael W Always good to be busy!
    As has been said a number of times on the forum though with other Decs, they are so busy because they are a lot cheaper.

Anyway, that is for another time.
    It’s good to know you’re keeping busy pal :thumbsup:

4. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really don't think you will have a problem with raising prices @Michael W . If you are concerned just try it out on a few you don't mind if you don't get, I'm sure you won't. It can't be cheap running that booth.

5. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nicely done @Michael W, quality work and I bet you’re pleased as punch.

But you do really need to increase you price, a lot! But as you say, if competition is rife, then as long as you’re happy, with your wage, what am I to say.

On the other hand, if your competitors are not as good as your work, get that web page up to date, advertise heavy and increase your charges.

Well done look absolutely beautiful.

6. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@ahenrypd yes think you are right, have a few quotes in at the moment for a couple im not really bothered about, surprisingly not too expensive to run my booth and compressor each month about £100 a month on electricity which isn't cheap but the compressor is 16kw and the extractor 5kw.

ahenrypd likes this.
  7. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @Daf yes we are very pleased with finished results on this kitchen. Thank you for you're sound advice, I really appreciate it, many avenues to push going forward, some big decisions to make before the end of this month, we are generally only doing kitchens and furniture through the winter as we do uPVC from mid spring until end of September which is our better money earner but we are stacked with kitchens and also have over 3 months of uPVC booked in too so might mean taking on another head or 2 for labour

RonyT and Daf like this.