1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of new products from Leyland

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Jason Gunter, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter Sea Fish magnet Bar Member

Hey don't shoot me down :cowboy:, the manager in my local store mentioned these two products when i was picking up paint for next weeks job.
    One is a matt to rival Perfect matt the other a multi surface paint in a mid sheen finish which is durable and moisture resistant,both internal products only .

He has promised a freebie,so may give it a whirl to find out what its like.
    Normally dont touch Leyland products but the super leytex i found good for the roller or spray application if on a budget
    https://leylandtrade.com/products/w...SnmwH-4-CQumwaq7QRt_JFz0rAL2d7nERJCmtDJobu6aI

2. keef

keef keef Bar Member

Will be good to see your feedback @Jason Gunter i hope they have improved there laytex as it was poor withe roller application but we have to give new products the benefit of the dought hope it works well

Tomdec and Marylee like this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

I do wonder if these would products are copies of other brands formulas. Why not sell under the johnos flag? That's the premium range while layland is just the standard lower priced stuff. Anyone convinced it dose what it says on the tin.

Jason Gunter likes this.
  4. Jason Gunter

Must admit i do like the perfect matt does what it says ,tbh i will be more interested in the multisurface then the perfect matt equivalent

5. Sprayandrun

Sprayandrun PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I prefer leyland satin to dulux/ johnstones satin (both oil based).
    Find it flows better.

6. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

wow hold the press I,v found someone who as used the perfect matt, even when I asked the shop they said it was,not selling as to over priced I,v asked loads of deccies nobody had used it. The question is young Jason was you getting a good deal on it, or paying full price because its cracking stuff personally I liked the ultramatt which you cant get anymore :shocked: call me cynical but it was almost as if they removed the better priced decent options to make us pay more for the only one thats now available :sad:

7. Jason Gunter

@mick partington ,off the top of my head 5L of white circa£32 ,colours i am not sure will have to check but i have a list price of £48 but im sure i could bring the cost of the colour down if i was to tell them i will be using it regularly

mick partington likes this.
  8. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Jason Gunter yes sounds ok think I was told £100 for 10ltrs colour that would soon add up to a lot when I can get durable matt for just over half that