1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dix blue high gloss kitchen

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Here are a few pictures of a kitchen that got fitted back yesterday afternoon. Light levels weren't the best here yesterday afternoon so pictures not the most flattering of the colour.

Attached Files:

2. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

What a transformation! Looks amazing:notworthy:

3. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@YTS 83' thank you, glad to get two high gloss ones out of the way this week. Looking forward to the next couple being in satin finish over the next week, going to feel easy in comparison

YTS 83' likes this.
  4. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Wow!

Michael W likes this.
  5. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Tomcio likes this.
  6. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just an amazing finish. Was it the same products as the bedroom cupboards?

7. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

That’s does look great !

High gloss isn’t my cup of tea, but it does look very nice !

8. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks great again @Michael W!

I think the flat finishes are here to stay but the occasional high gloss item in a stand out colour is a good item as a statement.

Not everyones cup of tea but personally I like a bit of high gloss! :yes:

9. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

What products you using there mate?

10. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @ahenrypd @grumpyvandriver @Buckers. @Gazza @ahenrypd yes same products as the wardrobes, we use a polyester primer and a wet look pigmented polyurethane from Renner then cut and polish to bring out the clarity, although we have been testing a new system in the workshop over the last few weeks which is still polyester primer, then 5% matt pigmented polyurethane topcoat and then two coats of uhs clear which is a 2 pack acrylic that builds up amazing, a little more work but it is even higher gloss level and even better clarity and is even better to flat and polish. This system is also from Renner and we will be using it on our next high gloss kitchen in the coming weeks.

11. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

It's getting boring now @Michael W :biggrin:

Awesome, again :thumbsup:

paintcraft, bitzz and YTS 83' like this.
  12. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

I'm sorry @RonyT I am going to stop it now though I don't want to bombard you all with all my work :lol:

RonyT likes this.
  13. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

Oh blimey - it looks brand new! :fullten:
    I bet they were thrilled!

14. bobajob

bobajob PPS Craftsman Bar Member

After seeing the finish on them doors brush and roller going in bin, I'm off to Argos for a job

15. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I’m gonna say it again, they look cracking.

RonyT and Michael W like this.
  16. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@grumpyvandriver thank you so much and @bobajob thank you i take that as a compliment,but don't go to argos, if you are local I could always do with some more help,since Christmas it has gone off the scale, the next 5 weeks consists of 9 kitchens, multiple furniture refinishes, 4 jobs for a local cabinet maker and a potential contract with a local fitted furniture maker and with a local window manufacturer, then we hopefully (weather depending) head outside for 4 months of booked in external work mainly uPVC and a narrow boat moored on the Norfolk broads which is all the internal timber and there is only two of us and just too much work that needs to be top drawer.

bitzz, Buckers, Marylee and 3 others like this.
  17. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Sounds like you’re doing something right. :thumbsup:

grumpyvandriver and Michael W like this.
  18. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Brilliant looking job :doff:

RonyT and Michael W like this.
  19. Robjames92

Robjames92 PPS Tradesman

Fantastic job!!! Looks amazing. Makes me want to dip my toe into the spraying game.