1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulux price increase

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Lee Anthony, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

Way, WAY :look:too many mind-images there, Boys!

bitzz and greenbank like this.
  2. trev540

trev540 PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Back on subject I think that Dulux, Crown are not really interested in the trade side only what they can shift through the D.I.Y. sheds now.
    Will they be the only places open under the latest lockdown ?

Marylee and keef like this.
  3. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I reckon they could as their all set up now with screens and all staff must wear face coverings. There is still a shortage on base mixes. I was in my local DDC last week and some building contractor wanted 250ltrs of coloured emulsion but couldn't get as it wouldn't of wiped out most the local stores.

4. keef

keef keef Bar Member

I think theres another problem @trev540 i do not do domestics anymore
    i work self employed for a contractor
    i asked out of intrest how mutch you spend on paint per month and his reply was between 30 and 40 thousand a month they are not just going to care about the self employed are they I have been in the major suppliers to buy sundries in the past few months and i would have been looked after better financially if i was painting my own kitchen

mistcoat likes this.
  5. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

The job I’m on at the mo is a bit held up, where crown have got no match pot bases, and due to the colour formulation issues, they’ve needed a lot of them. My job got them mixed in 5l tins of clean extreme from Croydon, to test, the second is the right colour I think.

grumpyvandriver and mistcoat like this.
  6. mart the dec

mart the dec PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Thought it was a condom

bitzz and Waynetta like this.
  7. Peter Humphreys

You're getting confused Mart . if you use it the jobs F####D. a common misunderstanding.

8. Hobnobs

Hobnobs PPS Tradesman

9. Sprayandrun

Sprayandrun PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Oddly dulux has been cheapest on a few bits the last year or so, i hadnt been in for 3-4 years. Suddenly more discount, its like mistaken identity.
    For instance
    2.5L vm armsted in colour was about a fiver cheaper than albany vm.

10. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

@Sprayandrun Probably because Dulux want to pound Brewers into the ground now. :dunno:

11. Peter Humphreys

I was quoted £5 more for 10l of Dulux white ultra Matt in brewers than DDC.

and was told Brewers would take 2 days to get some in, as it’s not a ‘stock’ item.