1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulux quick dry gloss.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by andyfloss, Nov 25, 2020.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I suppose this smiley --> :whistle: didn't help too much with your comment and the suggestion maybe because of another forums involvement. That's the only reason why I defended :winky:
    I'm not bothered about other forums, the same as they are not bothered about ours here. Well, one forum was, I know.

I think that just may be some folks preferred way of doing things (their opinion), Samdex. BM have always said to use Advance Primer for the best finish, especially when the High Gloss is to be the top coat.

Not out to have a barney with you pal, all just my thoughts and opinion too :friends:

I agree with @3 spires above about Haft and HH.

Samdex and YTS 83' like this.
  2. lone furrow

lone furrow Angel of the East

Never used haft I just use HH and Stix they cover all the bases for me because all I do is rooms, HSL's and stair parts. For me It just keeps things simple stock wise and I just take that system from job to job.

Sprayandrun, RonyT, siwel and 3 others like this.
  3. andyfloss

andyfloss PPS Craftsman

I've used hh under advance gloss as a trial at home over 3 years ago. Old yellowed gloss!! Frame had hh and 2 gloss, door had 2 gloss. BM say it can be done. The door is discoloured, frame is solid chantliy lace. Looks like i've used paint adjacent to each other on the colour wheel. Perhaps advance is not as good for stain blocking. Would use stix if existing paintwork is white.

4. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I'm not a fan of HH either. Not the best adhesion primer and only blocks certain stains. Can't really see the point of it when there's things that stick better and guarantee stains not coming through.

Sprayandrun, ahenrypd and Samdex like this.
  5. lone furrow

Tis if you prep well :tongue: :biggrin:.

I like it because its fast too use and because i use wooster pelican liners I don't get any schitt on the surface and because its so flat I don't abrade before top coating.

6. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

As others have said I just find it doesn't sand too well. And what's prep ? Sounds like hard work

Sprayandrun, ahenrypd and lone furrow like this.
  7. lone furrow

:lol:.

8. Samdex

Samdex PPS Tradesman

Not that fast to use when drying times are as poor as they are though :think: ive regularly had it exceed its recommended drying times before its good to get another on or abrade it

Sprayandrun likes this.
  9. lone furrow

I've gone over it well within an hour if needed too but i usually have either a fans, heaters or both going.