1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit time

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by ewingpainting, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ewingpainting

ewingpainting PPS Craftsman

More time to edit please. At least a 5hr window. I've never really seen any one abuse the edit function.

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Hello Gabe,

Point taken on the abuse side of it. I've done it for 60 minutes for now. See what the response is to that.
    I know you'll tell me off  :biggrin:

3. ewingpainting

Tim, don't need to tell you off. I don't get why the need to give such a short time limit on editing. RC let's you delete your own now. I think it would help in giving the members the authority to moderate themselves. Not making a big deal bout it. Do what you want brother Tim :thumbsup:

4. mistcoat

TBH, Pete set it to 10 minutes originally because it was thought to be a good time frame. Afterall, he is the Creator of PPS :notworthy:
    Up to now, no-one has brought up a concern over it. Pleased you did tho'  :thumbsup:

We are open to suggestions and do not want to be Killjoys in this growing establishment.
    If the members would like a longer Edit Time, please let us know  :yes:

5. ewingpainting

See we yanks need more time so we can have our fun while you UKers are sleeping. Then we could have it all cleaned up by the time you all wake up and hit that new post button.  :jester: :lol:

6. mistcoat

Which is why we are not that keen to alter it too much  :whistle:

You like that 'naughty' smilie don't you Gabe  :yes:
    You have a soft spot for it  :yes:
    Shall we keep it on this thread for you  :yes:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7. ewingpainting

Whatever you will Mommy Dearest.

8. ewingpainting

in these words you can find the what and why of the disagreement. :yes:

9. ThreadKiller

ThreadKiller PPS Tradesman Bar Member

I have posted on multiple forums for many many years. I can't hardly recall ever wanting or needing to edit my posts, unless I had posted a broken link, or mis-read the OP or something.

Here is a novel idea, if you find yourself needing to edit posts long after you submitted them, why not read your typed responses carefully, twice, or 4-5 times even, before you hit the freaking submit button.

Or just quit posting 5hit that your embarrassed, ashamed, or whatever over.

Pretty simple, eh?

10. mistcoat

I was wondering if there would be a response such as TK's. He has a good way with words, don't he  :thumbup:

I tend to type, read, re-read, re-type and sometimes start all over again before pressing ''post''.
    It is a good suggestion from TK, don't you think.

If you feel your post needs editing to add something in for the betterment of your original comment, just create another post.
    If it is because you have slagged someone off an hour ago and now you have cooled down and want to remove your berating comments, you better eat humble pie just in case you cannot edit your post  :laugh:

11. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

TK has a very good point.
    Try to think that your clients might be looking in here. Swearing for example, might not be something you want to do. You may not like your clients to see you slagging some of your fellow painters off either, so, it is best not to do it in the first place. Think twice, post once.

12. ewingpainting

I'm not embarrassed, ashamed or what ever. Fact is prowall, I could careless what you or others think of me. Most the time I edit a post is due to spelling. Because we all know my spelling is grand. That the only reason I suggested it. Sometimes I don't even notice it until late. And for some reason, even if I read it many times prior to posting, sometimes I don't notice until I actually post it. I wasn't attacking any one bout this. It was merely a SUGESTION. Ya, don't need to attack me over it TK, if you have a prob with me, get over it! I hardly even post here big boy. And really don't care if they change it or not. As I posted all ready.
    Peace and harmony, good will to all, make love not war.

Gabe, Sugestion has two G's :thumbsup: :bubblegum:

13. mistcoat

I don't think TK was pointing at anyone in particular, Gabe. Just a generalisation to all and sundry.

14. ewingpainting

If it bugs you, change it, Peace and Harmony to all, hmmm, hmmm, hmmmm FAITH, LOVE, HOPE, PEACE, hmmm, hmmm

BTW you spelled it wrong too
    :thumbsup: :bubblegum:

15. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Ha ha! I know Gabe - I was just  :jester: fella

Ag

16. Workaholic

Workaholic PPS Tradesman Bar Member

I can honestly say it does not really matter to me one way or the other but if it matters to Gabe then what is the harm of extending it. No doubt that probably already happened since this thread is a little dated.