1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Ngeraghty, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ngeraghty

Ngeraghty PPS Master Craftsman

Would it possible if a post has been edited by a Mod' for that Mod' to give a reason?
    I ask, as this will help people understand what is and what is not acceptable to be posted.

Thank you advance

2. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Quite often we do leave a reason as to why a post has been edited, other times we may send a PM to that member as to the reason if we think that would be better.

3. Ngeraghty

Ok thanks

4. Ngeraghty

Oh forgot, Rob

I seem to have had a reply removed

No reason or Pm

Would it be possible for you to shed some light on it?

Thanks

5. Colour Republic

I thought that would be plainly obvious Neil. You reported a post and asked for it to be removed, seeing as you quoted that post in your own reply it is only natural that it was removed too.

The member in question is not prone to outbursts and was out of charcater for them so I saw no reason to berate them in public. Whilst the rules are the same for everybody, discretion is used with how we deal with some issues, especially for first time offences.

6. Ngeraghty

Yes I did report it.

As it was against forum rules

Never asked for it to removed, just pointed it out, using the report button, which I believe is confidential.

7. Colour Republic

Neil it was clear you were offended by the comments and so it was removed. Reporting is confidential and that is why I have not named the member or post in question so it does strike me as odd that you wanted to highlight that it was removed and as to why by starting a thread like this. Or is it purely coincidental?

With regards to your removed post, would it have been better for me to edit it instead like you ask in your first post here? What would I have put "Edit - Comment removed from quoted post as it has been reported" but then left your reply which would have made no sense whatsoever? Also highlighting that is likely you asked for the comment to be removed?

8. Ngeraghty

I'll look at this later

9. Ngeraghty

Bottom line Rob, I should not have had to report it, it should have been spotted by the Mods, as a breach. Even more so as you had already edited it.

10. Colour Republic

I had missed it's meaning TBH and we don't always read everyline of every post. I've walked in to a few threads recently where it's all kicked off and had been for some time where it went unnoticed by mods. That is why it is helpful if members do report posts.

11. Ngeraghty

Ok Rob, Fair enough

I wasn't offended by it, thought it was quite amusing, although would have liked to have seen what was first said before your first edit. Bit tasty?
    Only reported it because it was in breach of the forum rules, and as you have said, could we report it using the report button.

I never asked for it to be removed:no:

One thing though, you are protecting the person who broke the rules, and naming the person who reported the Rules being broken?

Anyway if you and Tim are struggling to keep up with the Moderating, I would always consider stepping up to the plate if needed:winky:

12. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

[​IMG]I'll stick a pin in that!!!

Are you now toeing the line, Neil? Good to see :thumbsup:

13. Ngeraghty

Hey Tim

What you doing in here?

This is mine and Robs special place!

14. EddieKavanagh

EddieKavanagh PPS Master Craftsman

Oooh! It's a page turner this one, can't wait to find out whodunnit :dunno:

15. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Thinking this thread may have served it's purpose with questioning and answering.
    If not, PM the mods and it can be re-opened.

:locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.