1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External work

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, May 10, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

A few before and after pictures from the last couple of weeks when the weather has allowed us to get outside.

Attached Files:

crj, Waynetta, ahenrypd and 3 others like this.
  2. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice indeed, did you spray the door off the hinges, or was that to work on locks etc?

Michael W likes this.
  3. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Quality work again @Michael W.

What products do you use for your UPVC work?

Michael W likes this.
  4. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @Daf yes doors off hinges, if uPVC we take the panel out and spray it around the edges before, then replace and spray the whole door, just to make sure that if there is any movement in the panel that there wont be any white lines.

Composite doors are our favourite, off the hinges, cleaned, prepped, sprayed, dried then re hung.

We always take the window openers out when spraying the windows too.
    —-
    Thanks @Buckers we use Selemix direct or Lechler 943, mainly the Selemix as it is just amazing stuff and goes so hard yet flexible enough to last.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
  5. Daf

@Michael W Thats very interesting indeed, removing doors and openers.

I can see what you mean about movement.
    Nice job fella

Michael W likes this.
  6. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @Daf we find it is a cleaner finish and easier to achieve a good finish with openers out and doors off, once the window is out it is much easier to mask the back of it and much easier to mask the void where the opener has been removed, makes us a little slower but the standard for us higher but everyone has their own ways, we see many people leave the doors on and windows in and get a top quality finish too

7. Daf

Absolutely, I like to see some pictures with the windows out and masked off, knowing my luck, the same things won’t fit back haha.

bagshot and bitzz like this.
  8. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

9. Daf

Michael W and RonyT like this.
  10. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Michael W, RonyT and Daf like this.
  11. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
    Michael W and Daf like this.
  12. Daf

Did you see what I did, I was trying to make a chain of mistakes :biggrin:

Michael W and mistcoat like this.
  13. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Oh bugger !!!
    Which one of you started the thread.
    E78C8A21-9F75-4603-B478-73147CAC3C2D.jpeg

14. Richard Beadle

Richard Beadle PPS Time Served

Hi Michael, do you ever remove the pane from the opener as well, I'd like to move my business in this direction but I'm a one man band and I doubt I'd be able to safely remove one of those large top hung openers on my own.

Cheers

Rich

15. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Hi @Richard Beadle no we don't ever take the pane of glass out of the opener, we only remove the openers, yes it is almost impossible to safely remover upper floor openers on your own, we always have one person on the inside and one on the outside up a ladder supporting the weight while the inside person unscrews the window opener, then we take the opener out through the house as taking a heavy opener down the ladder is far too dangerous. We always take the panel out of uPVC doors so that if any contraction or expansion with weather doesn't leave a fine white line.

Richard Beadle and Daf like this.