1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farrow and Ball estate emulsion

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Wigwall, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

92C19293-D75B-4FA1-8ADB-84991A69758C.jpeg DC398196-882E-47E1-89C0-A644AF88DD4D.jpeg Not used Farrow and ball emulsion for ages , usually put clients off it and get F and B colours mixed in Optiva 5.
    This client insisted on F and B , have to say I was pleased with coverage . The bone covered in 2 coats and the inchyra blue In 3.
    Super white on ceilings

2. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Hope its not over a skim of new plaster. Used FB primer . The adhesion was 0/10. Peeled off. Never again
    Usual crxp from FB tech , “Never had that before”
    How many L’s in Bollocks ?

Kev, Bobbones, Rdubya and 2 others like this.
  3. LMDec

LMDec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I’ve just decorated my lounge at home, used F&B inchra blue - beautiful colour, but had to put 4 coats on one of the walls that had testers on. Missus insisted on it being done at the weekend so I bought F&B. Never, ever again. Doesn’t take any slight scuff either. BM would’ve done in 2 easy!

4. chester

chester PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

curtains for dust sheet.....looks cheal an nasty......:sarcastic:

5. LMDec

LMDec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Customer of mine had a Farrow and Ball “interior designer” out & insisted on using the primer before the top coat. I told them time and time again not to bother with either the primer or top coat. As you say flaked off, terrible adhesion. Needed 3/4 top coats. They wouldn’t use anything else as they had paid this woman silly money to come and design the entire colour scheme :rant::rant:

Rdubya and barry like this.
  6. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Hey @Wigwall thanks for sharing.
    How come the you've finished the wall areas and the skirting is yet to go on?

Paul Sharratt and Tomcio like this.
  7. Rdubya

Rdubya PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice straight lines sir!

I've had the same experience as other using primer and topcoat..must've spent £300 on the stuff for one large lounge diner when it could've been done for a third of that.

Then somebody at the dinner party that the room had to be ready for put their hand on the wall and the wall had to be repainted - what sort of crappy paint is this stuff?!

Nice colours though.

8. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

I didn’t know he hadn’t put skirts in until I turned up, joiner let him down apparently.
    Bit of a pain caulking skirts and finishing the job off when walls are painted I know .
    Client had already put a coat of contract Matt on everywhere.

I actually ran out of sheets, big extension and did two more rooms at same time . Curtain was the clients , I tend to judge on quality of work tho to be honest rather than the dustsheets

White Pele, Kev, Tomcio and 5 others like this.
  9. chester

chester PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

:doff: