1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hall/Stairs/Landing - in Platt.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by mistcoat, Dec 10, 2019.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Only me again. I've had two days off and been going through some photos I needed to sort out for going onto the interweb.

This job was carried out back in October '19 for regular clients who are the best out there. I couldn't wish to be involved with nicer folks.

Anyway...

The ceiling was in Anti Reflex - white.

Woodwork in Helmi 30... the existing paint finish was Crown Interior Gloss water based. I applied that about 11 years previous for the old client. So all I had to do was a light abrade to key up and one coat of Helmi 30 satin. It did the job!!!

Walls were in Benjamin Moore Regal Matte - Seapearl 961. A very nice colour for this job.

The front door and frame wasn't touched as they were going to have a new double glazed cheeks and door. Now I am told that they are wanting me to paint it inside and out.
    They are looking at Storm AF-700 for the exterior.

landing decorators in borough green_sevenoaks_seapearl wall colour_benjamin moore.jpg painters and decorators in kent_hall stairs landing_before and after painting company.jpg radiator cove painted in tikkurila helmi matt_walls in benjamin moore_sea pearl_regal matte.jpg sevenoaks_hallway decorators_walls in sea pearl_regal matte_woodwork in tikkurila helmi matt.jpg staircase painters in kent_walls in regal matte_seapearl_benjamin moore.jpg tikkurila helmi matt on woodwork_walls in regal matte_sea pearl_platt decorators_kent.jpg walls in regal matte_seapearl_woodwork in Tikkurila Helmi Matt_kent decorators.jpg walls painted with benjamin moore_regal matte_seapearl_sevenoaks painters and decorators.jpg

2. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks cracking that matey ! Very nice.

3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Nice work that. PPS standard :fullten:

4. mistcoat

Thank you chaps, most kind! :doff:

5. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Good job there !

6. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice fella

7. mistcoat

Gentlemen :doff:

8. Iain79

Iain79 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice, can I ask why you went for helmi 30? I like the paint I'm only asking cos im nosey

mistcoat, barry and Tomcio like this.
  9. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks a top job that Tim.

I've been using Regal a lot of late. Still keep on arsing up working out how much I need of it though . May I ask how much you estimated you'd need on that hsl and how much you used in the end?

Ta

White Spirit and mistcoat like this.
  10. mistcoat

Thank @crj Chris. Appreciate that mate.
    Used two American gallons with a little left for touch ups.

crj likes this.
  11. White Spirit

White Spirit PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Ha ha. I was going to ask that. The amount of Quartz tins in my garage is ridiculous.

Waynetta and crj like this.
  12. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Ha I'm thinking of opening my own BM store with what I've got in my shed. Under 10 SECONDS from my house , beat that !

stevy, Waynetta, bitzz and 8 others like this.
  13. mistcoat

I just wanted to give it a run out again. Not used it for a few years and wanted to compare it again to BM. I do still like it.

Sorry for the late reply Iain.

Iain79 likes this.
  14. Ferridecs

Ferridecs PPS Time Served

Lovely job @mistcoat, especially when it’s for nice clients that appreciate your work
    Re regal v’s aura. Is there much difference in quality ?. Still only using aura for walls

mistcoat likes this.
  15. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice colour and job that :thumbsup:

Get them to change the god awful cool white LED in the hall though!

mistcoat likes this.
  16. mistcoat

Aura has much more body. It is a lovely paint for walls.
    Regal is a great choice too but not an Aura.
    Not to say Regal doesn’t hold its own!

Hahaha, Rob. You don’t miss a trick :biggrin:
    I’ll let them know tomorrow.
    My client loves them and I must say, it helps with the decorating side of it and, I am quite liking them.

Ferridecs likes this.
  17. RonyT

Agreed, warm all day long.
    And that goes for the nasty blue/cool white led Christmas lights everywhere !

Interesting though, I did a recent job where they had spec'd down lights where there is a switch on each light that you can use to flick between cool and warm and a slider than can turn the tempreature down in either setting.
    Thought that that was pretty neat. Not cheap per unit mind !

Colour Republic likes this.
  18. Colour Republic

@RonyT Yeah I installed some in my mums glass kitchen cabinets, completely by accident as it happens, as I didn’t realise they could do that. And there are quite annoying! as the way you switch between cool and warm is by turning them on and off quickly... all great but if someone walks in to the kitchen and hits the wrong switch, then quickly turn off because they wanted the main lights... the damn setting changes :facepalm:

On a related note, I’m building a garden studio for a customer next year and the lady of the house is and artist and requested ‘day light’ bulbs, as apparently that’s the best light to paint under. (Which I think is colour Tempreture 5000k from memory, but would have to check)

However after a bit of research, I went one better. I’ve sourced some LED’s that go from 3000k right through to 6000k and can be dialled in via an app as requested. I’m also buying her a colour Tempreture meter. The idea being that when she gets commissions she can visit the house where the picture is to hang and take readings. Then she can alter the light in the studio so she knows the picture and the colours in it will be seen exactly how she intended. Cool right :smile: Got to love modern technology.

Peter Humphreys and Buckers like this.
  19. RonyT

The ones I saw were ceiling down lights that had the switch and sliders under the front casing. You could adust each individual light to suit !
    Brilliant ! More light where you need it, cool or warm, and less where you dont need it.
    Ombiance.... as Micky Flanigan would say.

Think they were £20 a pop and they had them EVERYWHERE in the entire house so 100 in total ish.

Like the sound of the your find. I'd be all over that !

Colour Republic likes this.
  20. Colour Republic

Bruuuuchetta... F@!k off mate, it eight an half quid for tomato on toast, now bring it out.