1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harlequin stuffs

Discussion in 'Wallcoverings - and related topics.' started by greenpainting, Jun 13, 2021.

1. greenpainting

greenpainting Jolly Green Giant Bar Member

IMG_20210612_130740s.jpg I put some of this up this week - normal price is £69 a roll but got an offer with a tenner off. I've used their non woven before and remember it being ok to hang but this one was paste the paper so I wasn't sure if it would turn out to be one of those expensive-but-carp papers.

But it was actually really nice to work with. Heavy duty vinyl with a texture but after a soak it was nicely pliable but not fragile. Very easy to slip into place, good matching and no stretching. Really enjoyed putting it up ever though there was some long drops in the stair well.

They recommend their own ready mix which isn't cheap but it seemed pretty good and didn't dry out too fast in this heat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Bobbones, Tomcio, ahenrypd and 5 others like this.
  2. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks lovely fella, I’m so glad I no longer paper!

greenpainting likes this.
  3. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

It does look nice. I hung that Charlotte Gaisford Wallpaper last week which was a paste the wall wallpaper around a cast iron fireplace. It did look really good but it was fairly difficult cutting it in around the ornate bits as their is no stretch in the wallpaper at all

greenpainting and RonyT like this.
  4. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Lee Anthony, that’s the only down side I’ve found with paste the wall paper, it’s not very malleable as it is dry.

The only way round, I guess, is to paste the paper on bits like you’ve said and let it soak in a bit to give you a bit more wiggle room.

greenpainting likes this.
  5. Lee Anthony

I ended up lightly drawing the profile and doing little cuts in the paper to make it fit. The only thing I noticed was the fact that the fireplace wasn't dead center on the wall so when I wrapped it around the corner the pattern wasn't equal either side by about 3mm

RonyT likes this.
  6. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

The gripper and I both feel the same… paste the wall paper is naff. We paste the paper always. Cant understand the dumb idea. Probably by the same twerp who came up with “smart” motorways. Smart FFS !!! What is smart about a killing machine ?

7. Lee Anthony

I can definitely see the benefits of it. It doesn't shrink and also it's faster to hang.

Samdex and greenpainting like this.
  8. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Good morning @Lee Anthony …. Ill agree it doesn’t shrink.

9. greenpainting

Doesn't shrink, fast to work with, cleaner to work with, don't need to set up tables, less risk of snagging and tearing. Apart from that it's rubbish I guess :biggrin:

Samdex and Lee Anthony like this.
  10. greenpainting

Oh and no waiting for the soak.