1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High gloss fitted wardrobes

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Here is a recent job we completed of some built in wardrobes from beech coloured to white high gloss.

Attached Files:

jimmyc, andyfloss, Samdex and 12 others like this.
  2. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Exceptional work! That is some finish.

Michael W likes this.
  3. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

4. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really nice work again @Michael W!

What products did you use? Was it completed on site or just doors taken away?

Daf and Michael W like this.
  5. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @Buckers its was a bit of both mate, all end panels and leading edges done on site while customer was away for a couple of days, then all removable done in workshop. We used Renner polyester primer for the base coat then finished in Renners wet look pu high gloss. It came up pretty clean straight from the gun but we then denibbed it with 1500 mirka microstar and trizact then polished it with Roar 610 and Roar 620 compounds, when needed on dark colours we use Roar 720 speed gloss for that extra depth, but this job was only paid as off the gun finish so that is why it didn't have a full cut back, we generally will always run the polisher over high gloss just to bring up that extra shine and clarity even if the customer hasn't paid for it, mainly for job satisfaction and that little extra wow factor for the customer.

bagshot, YTS 83', Tomcio and 3 others like this.
  6. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks a very nice mirror finish

Michael W likes this.
  7. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

8. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Amazing work that :fullten:

Michael W likes this.
  9. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @Wayners thank you all full the compliments

10. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Excellent work sir, I bet your client was over the moon with that finish.

Michael W likes this.
  11. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

That is beautiful, what a lovely finish :thumbsup:

Michael W likes this.
  12. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

WOW ! That is an amazing finish. You have some skills for sure. :notworthy:

Michael W likes this.
  13. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really nice. They won't need a mirror they just look into the wardrobe doors.

Thanks for sharing.

Michael W likes this.
  14. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

:thumbsup::notworthy:

Michael W likes this.
  15. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

Ooh lovely finish! :smile:

Michael W likes this.
  16. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @Marylee @Tomcio @ahenrypd @RonyT @Daf @bitzz I really appreciate you're comments. We have a dix blue high gloss kitchen being refitted tomorrow so will grab some pics of that too. I wouldn't choose high gloss for myself but love creating that mirror finish, so much job satisfaction from it

Marylee, Daf, RonyT and 3 others like this.
  17. Yorkshire Dec

Yorkshire Dec PPS Tradesman

That's fantastic work. I paint wardrobes and kitchen units regularly to what I believe is a high standard but that looks to be another level I'm presuming only achievable by spraying. Impressive :thumbsup:

Michael W, Tomcio, Marylee and 2 others like this.
  18. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I’m just happy you don’t live near me as I’d be unemployed !

barry, cpb, Michael W and 3 others like this.
  19. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

I look forward to seeing the Dix Blue kitchen too. Good Luck!

Michael W likes this.
  20. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @Yorkshire Dec thats very kind of you, it is all in the product and it being sprayed that gives that finish, we are fully geared up for 2 pack solvents so that really helps, there are some amazing products out there. Obviously a whole lot of effort to achieve high gloss with a full hoover of the entire spray booth before and between every coat and keeping the floor damp too helps massively and then all the polishing, it really is such a labour of love but worth every second when the customer comes in and nearly cries with joy. To all of you and @RonyT this forum is full of people that produce amazing work and know all about the trade and certainly all go to the next level. You guys are the ones that have inspired me and reading about all you're work and seeing all you're work has made me push myself to be good, 2 years ago I hadn't touched a spray gun but reading the spraying section of the forum made me realise I could push further and do better and with a lot of effort, research and practice and many mistakes I have been able to move from good quality decorator to a high end decorator using all the best products and methods and now to not touching a brush and roller anymore and just spraying everyday. Without reading what level you top decorators are all at I would have probably stagnated and stayed as a run of the mill reasonably priced decorator who was just ticking over. So thank you all for the knowledge and help.

Iain79, Samdex, greenbank and 9 others like this.