1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House of Hackney bathroom

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Wigwall, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

First time using House of Hackney paper , designed to be put up in 3 long lengths - so a bit of messing about to manage it with 1 roll. Didn’t have enough to carry pattern on over the window , but it’s that busy you don’t really notice !
    Panelling in BM Bath and Spa, primed with otex akva - bit more Matt than I thought it would be and slightly worried about durability in the future , time will tell

Attached Files:

Tomdec, Bobbones, Robjames92 and 6 others like this.
  2. ajmdecorators

ajmdecorators PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks lovely mate, how come you went with bath and spa on the panelling over an eggshell?

3. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

Cheers , the client wanted a Matt finish. I rang shaw paints and asked about suitability of the bath and spa for the panelling , which I’m using on the walls in another bathroom in the house. I was told that it was suitable . I do wish I’d used eggshell now really. I do a lot of work at this particular house so not a massive job to go over in eggshell if I need to in the future. Would you recommend Aura eggshell for that if I decide to do it ? I’ve used the aura exterior low lustre before which I loved but not the interior stuff. Scuff x eggshell is brilliant too - would be perfect if it was available in quarts

4. Gary scott

Gary scott Tradesman Bar Member

Very nice

5. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Love the paper! All looking great. The aura eggshell is a lot flatter finish than scuff-x .

6. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Beautiful job.... Acanhtus leaves are fascinating.

7. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Doubt you’ll have any issues with the bath n spa in Matt for durability. Looks a very nice job too :thumbup:

8. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very very smart !

9. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter Sea Fish magnet Bar Member

10. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

I should maybe have gone for the aura eggshell , sounds fairly Matt, back there next week to do another bathroom so I’ll see if panelling has marked at all - there are a couple of young kids in the house , probably had their hands all over it!

YTS 83' likes this.
  11. chester

chester PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

merry xmas wigwall….been on the hoh website..they don't mention there own paste to use???it is paste the wallpaper..you must hv sized the new plaster..gardz or mistcoat???ant trouble with the match..regards hny touan yrs

12. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

It’s paste the wall mate. Says it should be a uniform pale wall . It was newly skimmed so I just gave it 3 coats of contract Matt. I used solvite paste , it was fine.Really lovely paper to hang . As I said a bit of messing about to make do with 1 roll. I managed to get 8 x 105cm lengths out of the roll, and had a few bits left that I made do over the window. You need to be careful not to rub the paper to hard , the colours can run apparently . Just a gentle wipe with damp sponge to remove any excess is ok

13. chester

chester PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

cheers for the quick informative reply

14. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks great mate:thumbup:
    Love the paper.
    Could spend ages in there hiding from the family..

15. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks nice !
    What did you treat the mould on the ceiling/ coving with ?

16. Wigwall

Wigwall PPS Time Served

It’s not mould mate, looks like it on the pic , it’s brand new coving - probably adhesive . Ceiling was prepped and finished in BM ceiling paint

grumpyvandriver likes this.