1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pm somebody

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Wayners, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

I have sent a personal message but it was open to be read? Is this normal or am I right in thinking I'm doing something wrong.. How to you pm somebody here? I have searched this forum for the answer but nothing came up.. Thanks

2. G-Dec

G-Dec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Click on user name, then start Conversation. I think..

3. Wayners

That's what I did.. Turns out it appears at the bottom of the forum home page in full view.. Misty messaged me to point out. I don't want that to happen if it's personal

4. G-Dec

G-Dec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really?? Haha. Think that’s what I’ve done recently! Maybe go to Inbox? Then start convo..

5. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Yes inbox then start conversation.

6. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

What indicated that it was open to be read in public @Wayners ?

There are many ways to start a 'Conversation' with another member. (I know, it annoys me too this Conversation thing on xenForo, I prefer PM too).

To start a 'Conversation;

• click on a members name in their Av to the left of a post and click the 'Start a Conversation' link.
    • click the inbox link top rhs of forum and then click 'start conversation'.
    • If you're on a desktop you can hover over the 'inbox' to bring up options to create a conversation.
    I reckon many members would benefit from spending an evening going through the forum and playing about to see how stuff works. We've had this type of board now for nigh on two years and in that time, some folks still have no idea how the forum works :scratchhead:
    They'd be sacked if they didn't know how to apply paint after two years and the forum workings isn't rocket science :biggrin:

Maybe I should do a PPS Forum Walkabout for Dummies!

You Wayners NOT included, as you are pretty au fait on here actually :yes:

7. Wayners

@mistcoat well this thread is tagged so should come up if anybody searched topic.. Thanks for reply.. I didn't want to guess how to do it as I can't remember what I did wrong last time... I'm not to worried about pm being in the open though.. Will play around now..

8. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Private Conversations/Messages will never be in the public domain.
    Profile Posts are in public viewing.

--------------
    By jingo, my post above sounded right arsey, didn't it? :blush:
    :omg: