1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have been getting it in the neck lately

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Aggie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

more neck breaking jobs - long live cervical spondylosis :biggrin:

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Blimey Ag!!! You have been working at home again on a w/end  ::)
    That is some mighty fine work. I just cannot compete.
    I need some RC jobs to keep not even halfway up with you :notworthy:

Is this job a large job?
    What would the rose work entail?
    Are you able to remove the rose to carry out the main decorative work at ground level and offer it back up to re-attach and fill screw holes, then carry out the remaining work on the ceiling... or am I just a pratt?  :lol:

3. Aggie

haha, you ain't half a card Tim :biggrin:

[color=blueAre you able to remove the rose to carry out the main decorative work at ground level and offer it back up to re-attach and fill screw holes, then carry out the remaining work on the ceiling... or am I just a pratt? ][/color]

This is exactly what I did to be honest. All done in emulsion & some gilding, some bronze paint. You shouldn't do yourself down mate, believe in yourself & let it all spill out fella.

Ceiling with the strap work, is not complete. I have to design some stencils with a leaf/scrolling acanthus leaf, so that it interweaves with & around the strap work. This will be carried out on two tone green to harmonize with the ground colour.

Ceiling with the 'starlight' is a hall ceiling, I installed the arches & corbels 7 stone-blocked the walls, The egg & dart cornice is oakish grained with gilt 'eggs' The ceiling itself is papered.

4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I am truthful, Ag. That is cool stuff my friend. Though I do believe it is at home  :whistle:  :winky:

I do sometimes not believe in my abilities, Ag. How'd you know that  :scratchhead:

I still say, you are a God at what you do :notworthy:

5. Workaholic

Workaholic PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Awesome stuff.  :notworthy:

6. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

:eek:

Holy Cripes!!  That is amazing stuff Agg!!

7. ThreadKiller

ThreadKiller PPS Tradesman Bar Member

BEAUTIFUL Work! Who makes that paper on the ceiling? Is it Bradbury & Bradbury?

[​IMG]

8. Aggie

Hello TK,
    The red one, is Morris & Co by Sanderson. The cream one with the small diamonds & rosettes, is by Interiors Today I think. Both are surface print wallpapers.

9. ewingpainting

ewingpainting PPS Craftsman

Cool! Looks good