1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea paint

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by PeterPainter, Apr 8, 2010.

1. PeterPainter

PeterPainter PPS Time Served

This is the conference room we did in an Office last year. nothing special except, one wall is idea paint http://www.ideapaint.com/ it costs over £100 a ltr.  quite good stuff, the paint acts like a white board , you can use any dry erase marker on it and it is also good for projectors.

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

PP: I've read about this in various Paint mags.

Is it ok to apply Pete?

There is sooo much new paint stuff out there now... Magnetic paint, WIFI paint, odour removing paint from StoClimasan.

What next?  :scratchhead:

3. PeterPainter

Yeah theres paint for everything now mate, Muraspec also do witeboard on a roll. that you hang, (obviously)

It's a one coat, two pack product, they say each tin covers a 3-4m2 area (i think)  and you should mix however much you need at the same time. we had four tins for the one wall and had loads left over. it goes off instantly. touch dry in seconds. once its on you cant touch it at all or its ruined. they provide a 9"foam roller to apply it with, but it only fits they're roller arm, I used the fat hog ones they were much better than the ones muraspec give you, they say you should cut in as you go by brush, we just taped up and used a 4" foam rad roller, There were three of us doing it. one mixing the paint, one cutting in, and one rolling, because its one coat, it needs to go on thick. They recomend one coat of 123 as the primer. the wall needs to be perfectly flat we did two coats of 123, de-nib and tack cloth between coats. The other thing is it gets you high as a kite. it absolutely stinks, I was in hysterics. but needed to go outside afterwards. :thumbsup:

It takes a week to dry properly before you can use it.

4. ewingpainting

ewingpainting PPS Craftsman

Looks nice pp, did you try writting on it?

5. PeterPainter

Yeah went back a week later to test it, works well, but you need a damp cloth to clean it off 100%

6. ewingpainting

So how did you apply it. I would think rolling it would leave a stipple unless it has some kick azz levelers in it. Being wb I doubt that. This would be great for my office or kids room.

7. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

See reply #2, Gabe.  :thumbsup:

8. ewingpainting

Thanks, missed it,

9. PeterPainter

Foam roller, gabe, it's oil based so settled back nicely, we put it on thick as well,

I work for a company who do office re-fits and office furniture, they have some on a wall in their showroom, it looked rubbish nearly zero prep, the guythey used to use just threw it up, misses and nibs all over it, didnt work at all. they had to sand it back.

10. ewingpainting

Must dry real hard like epoxy?

11. PeterPainter

Yeah, most two pack stuff goes off like a rock. :thumbsup: